Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2016-2017 additions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spot on mate. If we now have a game changing addition in the boardroom (although I'm not talking of a massive net spend) then we need to start looking at different ambitions. The positions I highlighted are either the type of players we simply don't have or where we're weak. And we have to be realistic that one at least of our better young players will be impatient for honours elsewhere and wont wait to see if our situation has been transformed.

I've no idea how what I suggested would seem outlandish.

It's pretty conservative, in fact.

So Dave does the different ambitions we have also include not tolerating a manger if in his 4th season he doesn't show he is capable of pushing the team into the top 4 then?

Or are you going to find a way to insist that next season 10th and a cup quarter is a fantastic season?

Yes, agreed. But they're decisions that make themselves and don't really change us from this season apart form about two of those you named.

Getting shut of them wont in and of itself change a thing.

Think on. Up here for thinking *points to head*, down there for dancing *points to feet*.

*points to fist*

Yarmolenko and Begovic should be the first two through the door this summer with Mosh's dosh.

Agree but rather see us throw a silly sum at Stoke for Butland, people are saying theyd never sell him but absolutely no way he will be there in 3 years so yeah they will sell if the bid is high enough

Begovic and yarmolenko would improve our team hugely and for under £35 mil for both, van rijn from Ajax. I think that would set us up for a big push at the top 4. Plus replacement for stones if/when he goes.

I'm saying nothing now than I haven't said before mate.

Baines: I've been saying for a few months that he's not what we need now. He isn't either. He's a FB that suited a Moyes team that couldn't attack from any other source. We can now and we require a less adventurist, solidly defending backline. Players come and go; Baines has contributed a lot, but he cant keep out of a functioning Everton team a player who is a more rounded defender than he is, and that (despite all the RM talk of injuries) is why he's now the club's #2 LB. Garbutt: has he even broken into the Fulham team yet? He looks a worse defender than Baines and therefore, as per the analysis above, not good enough for our purposes.

Stones: I said as far back as last season that he's a CM in the Carrick mould and never a CB. The lad does not look comfortable competing for the ball and positionally he's hopeless. He proves it every time he steps on the pitch.

How many 20 year old CBs are starting the premier league mate? If the answer is a low number, please give reasons as to why you think this is the case.

Don't think we'll go mad, like.

Yarmolenko and a new goalkeeper will be high on Martinez' wishlist I imagine.

I'd personally like us to go out and make a statement of intent with some marquee signings - something we were unable to do last year.

No more getting beaten to signings by the likes of Stoke and West Ham, which was getting quite embarrassing.

Agree but rather see us throw a silly sum at Stoke for Butland, people are saying theyd never sell him but absolutely no way he will be there in 3 years so yeah they will sell if the bid is high enough
I like Butland, but Stoke are going to be wanting 30m for him, they'll be loathe to let him leave aswell, don't know how long he's got left on his contact like.

So Dave does the different ambitions we have also include not tolerating a manger if in his 4th season he doesn't show he is capable of pushing the team into the top 4 then?

Or are you going to find a way to insist that next season 10th and a cup quarter is a fantastic season?
Hasn't he already suggested he can do that by getting a season record total of 72 points that would in many/most seasons secure CL football?

Problem is, is that no prem side is under any pressure to sell so it would take a truly ridiculous number to get them to sell, would probably be more worthwhile taking a look at some of the keepers in other leagues

Don't get these Begovic shouts, if we are going the keeper route which I wouldn't btw because I'd like to see Robles giving a run of games, I'd be going for one of those young Germans. Begovic was good a few years back but in his last season at Stoke he made the most errors among keepers in the premiership. Chelsea's results have seen a major improvement with the return of Courtois also.

Seamus needs a back up, Byram would have been good as would Trippier have been last year, he has been outstanding for Spurs. If Newcastle go down I could see Martinez move for Janmaat, looks like a Martinez type, great attacking but can't defend.

Yarmolenko seems to be everybody's favorite, I'd love him.

Key would be to hold onto Barkley and Lukaka.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back