6 + 2 Point Deductions

Interesting that there is an article about clubs still playing players who have been accused of sexual/coercive offences on the BBC today.

It talks about a 'player X' but not our player X (I think most will know who they are talking about), it does briefly mention that Everton suspended one of our players when accused, but fails to link that in to the mitigation argument re our current woes.

It reads as though the FA will only suspend if the player accused is seen as a risk to children or vulnerable adults, although one of the women quoted talks about a suicide attempt when she saw the player still playing. The fact that we seem to be the only ones to have been affected by this should not be ignored in the appeal (I would build a 'perfect storm' of negative events outside of our control argument).

Interesting that there is an article about clubs still playing players who have been accused of sexual/coercive offences on the BBC today.

It talks about a 'player X' but not our player X (I think most will know who they are talking about), it does briefly mention that Everton suspended one of our players when accused, but fails to link that in to the mitigation argument re our current woes.

It reads as though the FA will only suspend if the player accused is seen as a risk to children or vulnerable adults, although one of the women quoted talks about a suicide attempt when she saw the player still playing. The fact that we seem to be the only ones to have been affected by this should not be ignored in the appeal (I would build a 'perfect storm' of negative events outside of our control argument).

Sounds like things are about to get a tad awkward for the greatest league in the world.

Disgusting what that organisation has become.

They have done nothing they were supposed to do about disabled people’s access either, they are only interested in making more and more money.
According to this article a victim was pointed to the FA by the Premier League and was then pointed back to the PL by the FA when she wanted to register the complaint!!!

I’d be very surprised if Evertons lawyers aren’t all over this today. Awful story but one certainly to be used to show the hypocrisy of a league

Is it true that the points deduction can only be reduced to three points as a deduction? I’m currently speaking to someone who says they heard someone on talk sport saying it can’t be over turned but it can be reduced, but only to three. So basically the whole thing can’t be overturned!

Anyone?

I don't think it can be overturned as we stupidly admitted our guilt so we have to face a penalty.

The points deduction could be added to - 12 points as the PL wanted
The points deduction could remain the same - 10 points - the appeal case finds we have no argument.
The points deduction could be reduced - The appeal finds we have some grounds that the amount of points was too harsh.
The points deduction could be wiped out - Very unlikely and they fine our "wealthy" owner. And when they say "owner" they mean the club.

I don't think it can be overturned as we stupidly admitted our guilt so we have to face a penalty.

The points deduction could be added to - 12 points as the PL wanted
The points deduction could remain the same - 10 points - the appeal case finds we have no argument.
The points deduction could be reduced - The appeal finds we have some grounds that the amount of points was too harsh.
The points deduction could be wiped out - Very unlikely and they fine our "wealthy" owner. And when they say "owner" they mean the club.

We admitted our guilt but with mitigating circumstances. If those circumstances were to be accepted in an appeal, it could be reduced to a public wrist slap.