2023/24 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we'll get about 50m/52m mate, just for potential alone.

For what we paid for him, id say there's only ever been fleeting moments and the odd performance where he's looked like a 30m+ midfielder
This would be us getting fleeced. I’m begging everyone to watch him play for Belgium. There is so much more there when the team plays real football.

Just mulling over if we sell Onana for £50m, I wonder how successful the club would view his transfer.
His fee was reported to be £33 inc add ons (no telling what they could have been or if they’ve been met)
His wages were a sticking point for WHAM, opening the door to us, these again were reported to be £120k/week.
So assuming worst case he will have cost us
£33m plus £12.5m = £45.5 m or so at point of sale.

Lille are due a nominal 15% or £2.5m on the ‘profit’ of a £50m sale.
Unless he slings in a transfer request he will also be due a loyalty payment when sold I would imagine.

So his over all liability to the club would have been £48m or so, probably a bit lower as I’ve assumed top whack where figures aren’t concrete.

With the club paying that sort of transfer and wages to a 20 year old, I suspect they were gambling on his value going even higher. So while his transfer was great compared to some of our recent activity, it don’t think it can be viewed as wildly successful.
If my calcs are wrong, it’s because I had 8 pints of Estralla and a bottle of cava last night.

Think its 25% on profit, not 15%. Mad to sell at £50mil.

If its that fee it would need to have Amad Diallo on top

This would be us getting fleeced. I’m begging everyone to watch him play for Belgium. There is so much more there when the team plays real football.

A sensible opinion.

Don't get why

Exactly. Don't sell. Keep and build the team around Amadou

I think if we can bring in the likes of Minteh and Gnonto with Onana in the 6 role we'll see a showcase of passing and a different dimension to our play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.