2023/24 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want him to stay just to see the fume, played well and did his job, not sure what people expect from him tbh.
Yeah but thats the point. Does his job in a team where he gets afforded so much time on the ball because teams are that worried about the likes of Doku and De Bruyne that they sit really deep and hes got all day to pick up easy ball and lay it off 2 or 3 yards. Hes a DM and thats his job and he does it well enough in that team but its no more or less than that. People use his 7/10 performances for Belgium to try and convince people hes a great player. Lets see him do it for us in games where he hasnt got acres of space around him before i will start blowing smoke up his jacksie.

His problem here is was never going to be here for the long run, has had good games and you can see the ability in him is why is frustration for more. I have no problem with him has been a good transfer by the club and hope we can get a high bid to help change the squad here

May have been a bit hasty in discounting Barcelona as a potential buyer. Apparently they're trying to flog Raphina for 100m to Saudi😳

Yeah but thats the point. Does his job in a team where he gets afforded so much time on the ball because teams are that worried about the likes of Doku and De Bruyne that they sit really deep and hes got all day to pick up easy ball and lay it off 2 or 3 yards. Hes a DM and thats his job and he does it well enough in that team but its no more or less than that. People use his 7/10 performances for Belgium to try and convince people hes a great player. Lets see him do it for us in games where he hasnt got acres of space around him before i will start blowing smoke up his jacksie.
I think he has had good games for us at times i.e. 7/10s. He has been inconsistent though and has a lot of stuff he can improve on, that should be expected for a 22 year old. Being more suited to a possession based side isn't necessarily a bad thing, it's why big clubs are in for him.

I think he has had good games for us at times i.e. 7/10s. He has been inconsistent though and has a lot of stuff he can improve on, that should be expected for a 22 year old. Being more suited to a possession based side isn't necessarily a bad thing, it's why big clubs are in for him.
Definitely not suited for Dyche ball and it’s showed over the last 2 seasons with in and out performances more out than in.

When ive watched him its been rare to see a 7/10. I dont know where this idea comes from that hes had loads of good games for us. For me hes a flat track bully who likes to get involved when its easy but doesnt wanna know when he actually has to make things happen in the midfield battle. Most DMs will look good in the better sides. I wanna see one who wins battles in a team where everything isnt easy and for me he isnt that.

Like always, I thought he was perfectly alright yesterday.

Not believing that he's necessarily worth what Everton paid for him, never mind double it, isn't the same as saying he's a poor player.

When ive watched him its been rare to see a 7/10. I dont know where this idea comes from that hes had loads of good games for us. For me hes a flat track bully who likes to get involved when its easy but doesnt wanna know when he actually has to make things happen in the midfield battle. Most DMs will look good in the better sides. I wanna see one who wins battles in a team where everything isnt easy and for me he isnt that.
I don't think anyones saying that mate? Like I said he's inconsistent, i think some forget that he's still pretty young and not 27/28

Of course he'll look better in a team that doesn't always bypass the midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back