2023/24 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of us knew this was going to happen and the fee is pretty much what we thought.

He's no top draw midfielder and hasn't kicked on like we had hoped he would.
He's got some good qualities but very little application and clearly Dyche didn't trust him when it really mattered.

Wish him well & we move on .
Over to you Dyche & Thelwell ....find us a Beast.

The only reason we all tolerate Doucoure as a 'midfielder' is that he is the only one who scores goals. Move him back to no. 6 and watch his gangly style fail to trap a ball or make a pass and the crowd will go mad. We need a PROPER midfielder to replace Onana. Rodri style would be nice.

We will sign a proper midfielder to replace him. I was using Doucoure to say that we have a 5th choice if we are desperate.

We paid £35m for him

The deal is £50m, so you’d imagine a bit of that will be performance based. Let’s the base fee is £45m

So a £10m profit, minus the 20% owe to Lille (£2m) that’s around £8m profit

Spin it all you want, but it’s an awful deal.

Seen £30mill and £33mill too. So could be £10mill profit.

Which is okay...isn't it?

We paid £35m for him

The deal is £50m, so you’d imagine a bit of that will be performance based. Let’s the base fee is £45m

Anything that profits us lately can’t be called awful imho.
We’ve had some awful deals where players have cost the club tens of millions in transfers and wages and walked away for free. they’re awful deals.
If £50m is correct he’s at least not lost us money but I suspect the club gambled on a higher return when paying £30m & £100k per week for him as I said in post #5232
Still £50m in this window gives us wiggle room in the new sport of PSRball.

As with the sale of Godfrey, seems to make sense all round to me. A few good memories from Onana but a lot of nothing performances as well. Realistically, I think £50 million is as good as we can hope for.

We paid £35m for him

You're literally spinning it mate. I'm going of a NY TIMES report, which says 30m plus 20%, so that would be 20m profit with 4m going to Lille.

None of us know the exact fees, the exact details, so dont pretend you do.

Getting a reasonable profit on a player that we probably overpaid for, who has done very little in an Everton shirt despite having all the tools as an individual. It is not bad business whatsoever.

Onana is not worth any more really than £50m, nobody is paying more and it proves it that he's going to Villa for it, when alledgedly PSG, United, Arsenal were interested.

Luiz to Onana is a downgrade for Villa.

Can do both can't he? You've brought in Barkley and the lad from Juve as CMs. And it's a long season..

Emery will get a better tune out of him regardless.

Just don't expect it to happen overnight

.... thats how Emery and Monchi operate. Think their strategy is to buy younger players that will grow into their roles and develop under Emery's coaching while also adding experience in key positions.

Duran looks like going to West Ham for around £35-40m and theres a strong word that the Saudi's have offered around £55-60m for Moussa Diaby, so PSR issues won't stop Villa continue to strengthen particularly in defensive areas where they tended to struggle last season.

Cannot imagine it is the glamorous move he was hoping for, hopefully it is completed quickly and we can get a couple of more effective players in ASAP.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back