2023/24 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seen £30mill and £33mill too. So could be £10mill profit.

Which is okay...isn't it?

Let’s say we actually paid all of the 35 mill, he’s 2 years into a 5 year deal so his book value will have decreased by 14 mill (7 mill for each year of his deal). So his book value is 21 mill and we’ve sold him for 50? 29 mill PSR profit, even if 20% of that goes to Lille it’s still over 20 mill profit for a player that the fans won’t really miss.

It’s not a terrible deal by any stretch of the imagination.

If the fee is as reported, would've hoped we could have squeezed a bit more out of them but none of us know how desperately we needed to sell, so I'll take it at face value - it seems about right in today's market based on what he's shown for us. The frustration is as countless people have said, he'll likely look much better in a better team. Good luck to him.

If the strategy was accepting we had to lose one of him or JB, there wasn't any doubt who was going.

That sounds made up, I've never heard that before.
Well if youve ever read this thread you would have seen several posters linking him with Arsenal/chelsea/Bayern/Man Utd and being rated at all valuations from 50 to 100m. But thanks for the constructive reply.

If the fee is as reported, would've hoped we could have squeezed a bit more out of them but none of us know how desperately we needed to sell, so I'll take it at face value - it seems about right in today's market based on what he's shown for us. The frustration is as countless people have said, he'll likely look much better in a better team. Good luck to him.

If the strategy was accepting we had to lose one of him or JB, there wasn't any doubt who was going.

I think the fact Villa are coming in for him rather than one of the sky six or top European teams show that he’s just not that good.

He wasn’t great in the Euros unfortunately.

He had one decent game against France though, was hoping it would add up to some more interest in him.

Unfortunately, whilst he was good in that game he didn’t show for the ball nearly enough to be top level DM in that role (that’s his flaw as a DM) and is probably does not have any real attacking instincts to contribute as an 8

Feels like a player who should be better than he is, I’m not a massive believer in players getting better and better with age (centre backs are probably the exception to this), I think he is what he is now and I’m not expecting him to add goals enough to become the 8 that his athleticism and passing needs to become a top 8.

As a DM he does OK but it feels like a waste playing him there and although he wins his duels and is a force in there, he doesn’t support his team well enough in possession. There’s a lot better out there in that role. That’s why he’s not attracting the big money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back