2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do Chelsea need an English player or something? I'd rather not sell him, but I don't understand why they'd want to pay 40m plus for him

B5C02B61-AFAE-4F2B-A2C2-7EF02922D82F.jpeg

We'll be daft if we dont sell for £45-50 millions if Chelsea upped their bid.

You're effectively relying on him to develop into a £70+ million player to justify not selling. I can never see Gordon becoming a 15+ goal a season wide player which is what it would take to be able to sell him for that fee.

The risk is then he just becomes another Barkley / Davies and is worth diddly squat.

Madness Everton - stop worrying about how our volatile fanbase would react to a sale and get the business done.

We are dealing with a side who just signed a half decent left back for £63m and are thinking of offering over £70m for Fofana. Why in the world would we accept their opening offer and not see how far they want to go. They've set their own market this transfer window so if they want Gordon then the bidding starts at over £50m.

Jesus is a fabulous player but needs regular games. But I see what you mean. Chelsea are paying for potential and taking a gamble that he will be worth £89/90m in a couple years time.
Let them gamble, we're taking the same gamble not taking the deal and we can't afford to

We'll be daft if we dont sell for £45-50 millions if Chelsea upped their bid.

You're effectively relying on him to develop into a £70+ million player to justify not selling. I can never see Gordon becoming a 15+ goal a season wide player which is what it would take to be able to sell him for that fee.

The risk is then he just becomes another Barkley / Davies and is worth diddly squat.

Madness Everton - stop worrying about how our volatile fanbase would react to a sale and get the business done.
Equally relying on the club spending £50m in a good way. Just as likely not to happen. Basically let’s give up

Status
Not open for further replies.