• Dominic Calvert-Lewin

• James Garner '26

• Jake O'Brien '64

• Orel Mangala '64

• Beto '81

• Lindstrom '81

Results are only viewable after voting.
IMG_0536.webp

The Dyche-out cries concern me. Help is coming when everyone is healthy. This is clearly a defense problem. Everton are scoring goals, that isn’t the problem now. The problem is we can’t stop other teams from scoring more.
Dyche is even using subs now. Progress is being made. If Everton continue to dismiss managers, there won’t be anybody left. Yes, present state sucks, no argument. But help is coming. Everton will finish mid-table this year.
The Dyche out crires ‘concern you’. Jesus wept.

Is it me or does Pickford play way more long balls for Everton compared to when he plays for England? We just kept giving them the ball, over and over again. Dyche has to go.
It was something Shearer kept saying early at the euros. It eventually got to Southgate and he stopped Pickford doing it for a while but it’s a totally frustrating tactic. Basically from 100% possession into 50%?

I'm afraid it can be levelled at him.

Bournemouth wasn't his fault ( the players simply wilted).

But once you've seen the players do that you are supposed to take steps (as a manager) to prevent it happening again. Selecting the same defenders, sitting back to defend a lead again with the same defenders and making more errors re substitutions: that's not a manager taking steps to prevent the same problems recurring.

As a caveat: the stats show we concede on average 2 goals per game when Keane plays, but only 1 per game (average) without him. Selecting Keane is not acceptable.

I put this up in here after the first game if the season, now factor in we've conceded 10 more in there games and all of those have been 3+ conceded too.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240914-222259.webp
    Screenshot_20240914-222259.webp
    69.8 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20240914-222247.webp
    Screenshot_20240914-222247.webp
    71.4 KB · Views: 3

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back