2024/25 Beto

Im shocked that the player who gets booed by his own fanbase wont commit to staying longer.

Shocking that, he should stay and get booed some more and fight relegation, what an entitled brat.
This, a fan base who booed Howard Kendall, Kevin Sheedy, Peter Reid, terrorised Kevin Ratcliffe when he first came nto the team, now they are wondering why The only half decent centre forward we have won’t sign for four more years of the same

This, a fan base who booed Howard Kendall, Kevin Sheedy, Peter Reid, terrorised Kevin Ratcliffe when he first came nto the team, now they are wondering why The only half decent centre forward we have won’t sign for four more years of the same
Behave .. This is only about money !

I think he lacks confidence personally. He got one goal and look what it did for him. Bought him for a good amount just to see him ride the pine after Dom got healthy. I’m sure that factors into a player’s head. Whatever goes on with Dom, Dyche needs to start getting behind some of his players. Not just Beto. Sick of the favorites

I think he lacks confidence personally. He got one goal and look what it did for him. Bought him for a good amount just to see him ride the pine after Dom got healthy. I’m sure that factors into a player’s head. Whatever goes on with Dom, Dyche needs to start getting behind some of his players. Not just Beto. Sick of the favorites
Dyche has always been about favourites
He's reluctant to change things
It's why we get repetitive and predictable subs too
I don't think he will ever suprise us and more importantly, he'll never suprise the opposition

Dyche has always been about favourites
He's reluctant to change things
It's why we get repetitive and predictable subs too
I’m fairness to Dyche, I don’t buy that he is allergic to young players which is what most people say. He will play them. He certainly has his favorites though, and in some cases it is to the detriment of the team. He needs to get it together.

I’m fairness to Dyche, I don’t buy that he is allergic to young players which is what most people say. He will play them. He certainly has his favorites though, and in some cases it is to the detriment of the team. He needs to get it together.
He will play them eventually alright but he is still very predictable. It's just the way it is and we're have at least another season of it.
It's easy to be down on Dyche at the moment after the weekend but his preseason stank of a poor start incoming tbh
Bleep tests versus tactics and patterns of play

Beto is not and never will be, a successful Prem League striker. No amount of “giving him time” will change that. Whoever bought him, no matter how good the financial deal, should ever buy another player.

Give him time this season and he may eventually, just about get the hang of the offside law.

I think I'd prefer to see him get 5 to 7 starts in a row and see what happens if he can develop some rhythm and confidence rather than just let DCL play every week, be bad, and then leave us with nothing when he walks at the end of the year. I don't particularly rate him, but Oumar Niasse scored a goal every 135 minutes one season so crazier things have in fact happened.

He'd outscore DCL if given his minutes. No question.
He may well do, given the opportunity. He's a big lad and can be a handful for defenders, and loves a ball in behind to run onto. Doms holdup play is way better, which suits how we play, but maybe if we had more than one style of play, Beto could be much more effective. It's on Dyche why our strikers are so poor.

I think I'd prefer to see him get 5 to 7 starts in a row and see what happens if he can develop some rhythm and confidence rather than just let DCL play every week, be bad, and then leave us with nothing when he walks at the end of the year. I don't particularly rate him, but Oumar Niasse scored a goal every 135 minutes one season so crazier things have in fact happened.

His goals per minutes last season was better than DCL, even counting DCLs two pens.

He may well do, given the opportunity. He's a big lad and can be a handful for defenders, and loves a ball in behind to run onto. Doms holdup play is way better, which suits how we play, but maybe if we had more than one style of play, Beto could be much more effective. It's on Dyche why our strikers are so poor.

That's the thing, Thelwell can bring in whoever - but if Dyche won't alter anything about his style of play to factor that players strengths then any new signing will struggle badly.

End of the day the more players who join who you see getting square pegged then the more it starts to focus in on a very limited stubborn manager being the reason rather than any recruitment issue.

Or look at it this way, we have a CF whose strength is running in behind onto through balls, we had e signed two guys who like playing off the front man in a three, we play neither there and stick them out wide and lump it up to the CF.

A bad manager is one who doesn't adapt to the players he has, Dyche doesn't adapt

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back