Can we stop the Mourinho talk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll take anything I read in the press with a bucket of salt with regards to managerial possibilities. If it doesn't come via official channels (or via The Esk) then it's rumour and not worth thinking about.

He can play bridesmaid to ManUre or be first choice with us. Your choice Jose, choose wisely.

FOR THE 1000TH TIME WHY DOES ANYONE PAY ANY ATTENTION TO SSN? IT'S DEFINITELY NOT LINKED TO SKY BET IS IT?

SAKE!

They're really losing some credibility from the public based on their waffling over this Mourinho to Utd story. They have been all over the place and it has been so visible that people are finally clocking on to the fact they will run anything that can increase their profits for shareholders.

If we are unable to secure Jose and...
if Koeman stays at Southampton and...
If there are doubts about De Boer due to Martinezesque possession tactics or lack of first hand knowledge of the Premiership and...
if there are no other candidates other than Manuel Pellegrini...
then I think I'd favour Pellegrini as long as he had Unsworth as his number two, in effect to enable DU to grow into the role under MP who would probably only want/get a three year deal at most.

That way, we get experience and a 'strong' name in the transfer market together with a 'true blue' successor in waiting.

I'd be gutted on losing out on Jose, as personally I think we need and should pursue as strongly as possible his trophy-laden, high profile, headline grabbing personality, but a duo of MP and DU could be an interesting alternative.

Promoting Rhino to assistant manager would also allow a ladder of progression for Kevin Sheedy to maybe move up from the U18s to the U21s and thus create an opportunity for the next level to move up too. Taking this right down the ladder could mean an opportunity for maybe Tony Hibbert to join the junior coaching staff as if it's right that Hibbo is interested, then this could create the chance for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back