Chelsea vs Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
MOTM to Pickford for keeping our hopes alive.

Branthwaite and Gordon also looked excellent

The team did very well to get the draw.

Lets see more of the young players getting worthwhile time please Benitez.
Agreed, thought Branthwaite and Gordon were exceptional. Special mentions to Keane and Pickford too.

It’s quite amazing just how much Gordon has kicked on this season considering the dury was fully out on him at the start of the season.

Down to team selection and tactics.
Not sure on that. Benitez was more or less handed a a fait accompli
So, we look at it the 3 main ways it can go
1) All his Idea
2) Fait acompli (my take 75%)
3) Bit of both. (my take 25%)

But once they go over the white line, if the players dont buy into the ethos, everything, selection, tactics can go out the window.
They did, so it didn't.

Not sure on that. Benitez was more or less handed a a fait accompli
So, we look at it the 3 main ways it can go
1) All his Idea
2) Fait acompli (my take 75%)
3) Bit of both. (my take 25%)

But once they go over the white line, if the players dont buy into the ethos, everything, selection, tactics can go out the window.
They did, so it didn't.

Have to agree it was not his idea, more down to the players getting stuck in and playing football.

You do realise he’d just got back from Chelsea’s goal area after docoure gave the ball away. That’s why the they got behind him he’d just sprinted the lengths of two football fields. None of our players would have been in the picture.
I assume that you are referring to their goal. If so, and I am not having a go at Godfrey, you need to look at the incident again. When Doucoure lost the ball Godfrey was 13/14 yards inside the Everton half. He then jogged back towards the Everton goal with Mount but didn't keep a good enough eye on Mount's movement as the ball got closer to our box.

Just over 24 hours left if you haven't yet voted for your MotM against Chelsea... poll closes at 8.34pm Friday, Christmas Eve ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.