Computer games.

I'm about 6 hours into TLOU2 now and absolutely loving it, trying to keep it spoiler free but the house, man...

I was going to give it a miss, but I have to say it plays / feels just like the first game, and upgrading weapons and shooting people in the face is enough to keep me entertained. Currently just leaving the TV station bit... when do we get a bow and arrow? or have I already walked past it?

...can't help but think if they had actually just started the game immediately after the very unpopular bit and subtly filled in the gaps (sans the brutality) through dialogue, they would have avoided SO much heat from this particular group of detractors.

I was going to give it a miss, but I have to say it plays / feels just like the first game, and upgrading weapons and shooting people in the face is enough to keep me entertained. Currently just leaving the TV station bit... when do we get a bow and arrow? or have I already walked past it?

...can't help but think if they had actually just started the game immediately after the very unpopular bit and subtly filled in the gaps (sans the brutality) through dialogue, they would have avoided SO much heat from this particular group of detractors.

No idea, mate. Seemingly you're ahead of me anyway. Yup, I'm really enjoying the combat, bloody violence without being gratuitous.

I've managed to avoid spoilers so I'm still not entirely sure what's got the virgins all riled up, if it's the bit I hinted at earlier then what a hilarious overreaction. Getting right back on it after the football.

View attachment 91336
What do we make of this user score?
Quite clearly massive review bombing. Just had a look and TLOU2 already has nearly 15,000 user reviews. As a comparison Red Dead 2 has 10,000. No spoilers in this article and it sums it up pretty well.

For some context, The Last of Us Part 2 has been out for exactly seven and a half hours in the US. In some regions like Australia, it debuted late yesterday. But it’s a 25-30 hour game, so unless people are doing blitzing speed runs and then immediately going to Metacritic to post angry 0/10 reviews, these scores are made up of people who are either only a few hours into the game, or more than likely, have not purchased or played the game at all yet.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back