Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

David Moyes

With a crowd

🤣

Moyes NEVER won.

We have since beaten Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs, regardless of the Caveat.

I mean a crowd is the main reason an away game is difficult hence the weird results that season. (And we haven’t won away at those places ‘regardless of the caveat’)

I mean a crowd is the main reason an away game is difficult hence the weird results that season. (And we haven’t won away at those places ‘regardless of the caveat’)
We have, we have won at all 4. United Under Martinez, and the other 3 all under Ancelotti (the caveat season).

Also, Moyes managed in that season as well. Still didnt get any "Top 6" away wins though.

That’s not ‘regardless of the caveat’ is it?

Sort of yeah...

Screenshot_20240622_204839.webp

With a crowd

🤣

Moyes NEVER won.

We have since beaten Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs, regardless of the Caveat.
The crowd is quite an important bit of an away game isn’t it! I doubt it’s coincidence that the only time we’ve won at 2 of those grounds this century is the one game we played there with no crowd!

Nah was pretty clear what I said mate, we haven’t won at those places when stadiums had people in, bar (ironically) the season Moyes had at Man Utd.
How is that a factor then? Seeing as it was easier and we won those away games during the covid season - Moyes' team had done equally as well and won too, right?

Except it didn't happen, because "knife to a gunfight" doesn't care about crowds.

For anyone under 30. David Moyes will be the best manager Everton have had in charge. Which is a sad being born just after our last trophy which sucks. Yes his tactics of limiting the opposition is effective to a point but when it matters it just doesn't work against the top teams.

The biggest rod tied around his neck and there is no getting away from is his away record against Liverpool, Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal. The tweet below is from last year and he did win at Arsenal in December 2023, but you can add 3 further defeats to that list too. In total one victory away from home against these teams in 76 attempts for all clubs his has managed is truly shocking and means he has to considered an average manager at best.

Yes, it is not a good record, but when you consider that those 4 teams went about 6 or 7 years where they only got beat at home by a non top 4 team on 3 occassions, it does put it into a bit of perspective.

How is that a factor then? Seeing as it was easier and we won those away games during the covid season - Moyes' team had done equally as well and won too, right?

Except it didn't happen, because "knife to a gunfight" doesn't care about crowds.

We had one of the greatest managers of all time, which helped! But if you don’t think fans in stadiums influence games then I don’t know what to tell you.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back