David Moyes

(1) You can’t say that with absolute certainty though, it’s speculative and your opinion which you are of course perfectly entitled to. Personally I don’t think he did anything outstanding that another 1/2 decent manager couldn’t have done.
(2) He sure did, he set a tone we’re are still suffering with today. He took one of the leagues grandest clubs and lowered their aspirations to a Bolton / Crystal Palace equivalent. His cringey knife to gun fight gibberish gave everyone involved with the club an excuse to lower expectations.
(3) Us being skint / a league pauper is one of his biggest enduring myths of his reign. Our transfer spending and wages were consistent the 7th highest in the league, pretty much where he had us averaging results wise. And net spend is also a skewed stat, he sold payers for comparative fortunes and spent that income (often very well)
(4) Tomato / tomato, Dyche = Moyes / Moyes = Dyche. Main difference is Dyche at least doesn’t prefix difficult games with his excuses for not winning. (And Dyche was able to win a promotion to the EPL when Moyes couldnt)

All in my humble opinion like.

1) i can say that with certainty

2)yeah, your right we should of been winning the league every season with our 3m spends a season.

3) if that stat is true, which i doubt to be honest as i remember villa, Newcastle, west ham, spurs and Portsmouth all had players on 100kpw while we still had the 50kpw wage cap. Id imagine its completely skewed by the fact that we were one of the only teams during moyes tenure to actually stay in the PL the while time.

4) moyes regularly won against top sides at goodison. His away form was poor against top sides but so were alot of other managers. Hes miles better then dyche, genuinely if you cant see that then i cant help you.

My one step step forward two steps back wasn't meant to be a heavy criticism but a frustration that I'm sure the fan base had during that time too.

As I said above we where the best of the rest and more than capable of beating any of them on our day but we rarely did. You only put that down to the manager and his instructions to the players.

A manager with no belief in beating them creates a squad who doesn't believe they can do it either.

But he did beat them regularly at goodison it was only away he struggled.

That same way we struggled away won us alot of points away at teams that weren't in the top 4.

I think the anti Moyes view is incredibly odd. Anyway enough from me.

Good night
Why? He's past it and we should be past him, and we should also stop making the mistake or hiring someone again and again - it didn't work for one of the best to ever manage us, why would it for anyone else? When is that even ever successful?

His achievements are in the past and that's where they should stay. He had many positives in how we set up and his overall job, but he also had a plethora of justified negatives - football negativity, sticking to things that don't work, an imbalanced team, bothering to turn up against a top 4/6 team once every few seasons at most; all things that actually happened. All things that then followed him to Man United, then to West Ham. Because he knows his 1 thing and 1 thing only.

Hell, why don't we get Martinez back? 72 points innit, such a great achievement. We went far in Europe with him too!

Why? He's past it and we should be past him, and we should also stop making the mistake or hiring someone again and again - it didn't work for one of the best to ever manage us, why would it for anyone else? When is that even ever successful?

His achievements are in the past and that's where they should stay. He had many positives in how we set up and his overall job, but he also had a plethora of justified negatives - football negativity, sticking to things that don't work, an imbalanced team, bothering to turn up against a top 4/6 team once every few seasons at most; all things that actually happened. All things that then followed him to Man United, then to West Ham. Because he knows his 1 thing and 1 thing only.

Hell, why don't we get Martinez back? 72 points innit, such a great achievement. We went far in Europe with him too!
No mate.

Martinez finished 11th with Lukaku.
Moyes finished 4th with Marcus Bent.

Last 5 years he took west ham from relegation fodder to constantly challenging/being in Europe and won a European cup with them.

If hes past it then last time we challenged for Europe must be a ice age ago for you

No mate.

Martinez finished 11th with Lukaku.
Moyes finished 4th with Marcus Bent.
Cool, in the same blunt way people answer me - glad we kicked on and became a regular feature, back to where we belong, among the top, and it wasn't a 1-off that he never managed to achieve with any other team in his career.

I get the sentimentality, but literally let the history remain history. We don't need to further sour the relationship with someone who helped bring us back to life.

Cool, in the same blunt way people answer me - glad we kicked on and became a regular feature, back to where we belong, among the top, and it wasn't a 1-off that he never managed to achieve with any other team in his career.

I get the sentimentality, but literally let the history remain history. We don't need to further sour the relationship with someone who helped bring us back to life.
Well, I hope we never get him back.

I only "want" him in our current plight, if we can improve our current position then I hope we aim much higher than Moyes.

Last 5 years he took west ham from relegation fodder to constantly challenging/being in Europe and won a European cup with them.

If hes past it then last time we challenged for Europe must be a ice age ago for you
1719090641762.png

Challenging for what? He's spending quite a bit of money to challenge for essentially the same record as ours (and we spent 4 months without winning) this season.

He won a cup many kept calling a mickey mouse cup and saying it didn't matter up until Moyes won it with WHAM and it started mattering magically :lol: all while finishing 14th.

It is - we've not done it for about a decade now.

Well, I hope we never get him back.

I only "want" him in our current plight, if we can improve our current position then I hope we aim much higher than Moyes.
I don't want him back at all, ever*. Thanks for the memories and all, but going back to Moyes would be a step sideways at best. Even Dyche isn't the same nihilist, which is impressive given our plight really.

Moyes genuinely said "I don't think we can beat their U14s" when asked if they can win against City. Dyche might speak some proper nonsense but at least he goes for the more diplomatic "we'll do our best/we have a game plan" ffs.

* Maybe a DoF or scout tho, I guess.

I think it is all about levels. Surely we can agree he wouldn't win a league title no matter what team you give him?