Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Deal Of The Decade.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Ronaldo
2. Joe Cole
3. Gamst
4. Hunt
5. Peanut

You could arguably put Peanut in 4th but he wasn't in the Prem as long and isn't as durable

Where did you get that list from? Is that your choice or is it based on stats?

What I will say is both Cole and Ronaldo play the majority of there football on the right handside for Chelsea and Man utd. I'm not sure they can be in that list to be honest.

Gamst has also been off form for two years now, he's been [Poor language removed] according to Blackburn fans.

If that's true, based on anything whatsoever, I'll eat my hat.

Granted LW hasn't been a strength in the Prem, can you think of 5 (Helb occasionally played LW but mostly played on the right side)?

He reminds me of Jags. He is the the player who does all the little things for Reading. Jags was a top 10 CB (maybe top 5) CB at Sheff Utd, and turned out pretty well for us and didn't cost much at all. Just because a player isn't some athletic marvel doesn't mean he isn't good.

I've also said before, we need a player who doesn't back down to anybody. I always loved watching Reading play the big 4 becasue they were scared shitless of him. Too many of our players just accept the beatings we get from the big dogs. Despite that he's not a goofball like Barton, Rooney or Diouf, he knows when it keep it under control and was not red carded in the 2 years Reading was in the prem.

I put Gamst at 3 based on his play 2 years ago when he looked like the 2nd coming, he has been pretty lousy all year.

Granted LW hasn't been a strength in the Prem, can you think of 5 (Helb occasionally played LW but mostly played on the right side)?

He reminds me of Jags. He is the the player who does all the little things for Reading. Jags was a top 10 CB (maybe top 5) CB at Sheff Utd, and turned out pretty well for us and didn't cost much at all. Just because a player isn't some athletic marvel doesn't mean he isn't good.

I've also said before, we need a player who doesn't back down to anybody. I always loved watching Reading play the big 4 becasue they were scared shitless of him. Too many of our players just accept the beatings we get from the big dogs. Despite that he's not a goofball like Barton, Rooney or Diouf, he knows when it keep it under control and was not red carded in the 2 years Reading was in the prem.

I put Gamst at 3 based on his play 2 years ago when he looked like the 2nd coming, he has been pretty lousy all year.

I take your point, it is annoying when people don't accept that a player is good just because of their stature/reputation/team. I just don't rate him, I don't think he offers anything more than the hundreds of other 'tricky wingers' in all the English leagues.

And you, you [Poor language removed] love him. It's quite obvious to be honest.(y)

You don't fool anyone, the same goes for Hero and Goatman.

Took me a few seconds to click, but when I did, that post became possibly one of the best of all time.

Did last seasons match at goodison slip your memory when he wanted to kill his own international team-mate?

Whats stopping him wanting to do it on the training ground to one of his club team-mates?

Stephen Hunt can sit on his own fist as far as i'm concerned.

Im actually with Rook on this one Stephan Hunt would make a huge impact for us, i have the privalage of seeing him at close quaters for many years now. Im sure most people would love a silky left winger but Stepahn Hunt is certainly a cult figure his drive and tenacity i dont think would do us any harm. I think its effectiveness V quality in the most regard, however saying that i beleive that his quality is fericely underatted. If you asked me who i would choose between Kilbane, Faddy, Hunt and AVDM. It would be Hunt everytime.

I would see him making a similar impact to cahill if he signed, all depending on wheather he sat on his fist or not.

Last edited:

Im actually with Rook on this one Stephan Hunt would make a huge impact for us, i have the privalage of seeing him at close quaters for many years now. Im sure most people would love a silky left winger but Stepahn Hunt is certainly a cult figure his drive and tenacity i dont think would do us any harm. I think its effectiveness V quality in the most regard, however saying that i beleive that his quality is fericely underatted. If you asked me who i would choose between Kilbane, Faddy, Hunt and AVDM. It would be Hunt everytime.

I would see him making a similar impact to cahill if he signed, all depending on wheather he sat on his fist or not.

He is a good player, I've always said that but I don't think he's what we need. We are in desperate need of pace and genuine quality and whilst Hunt does have ability he does have anything special about him. He's just a solid wide player. Hardworking, decent quality and tenacious.

I'd rather go for someone younger who actually fits the bill. Someone lightning quick who can give us that different optiont to the likes of Pienaar and Arteta. We need players who are now going to make a difference, I'm not in to buying these solid midfielders who give there all but have there limitations, not for me to be honest.

I'd take him if he came along because he is a decent player and he does have his strengths but I do think we can do better.

Hardly the most glowing recommendation. He probably is better than I think he is, but still not good enough.

Stephen Hunt is absolutely [Poor language removed].

I'm [Poor language removed] sick of picking up yard dogs for 5 million because all they can do is give 100% and run around like a headless chicken.

Lets actually try and get players on another level for once? Players with abit of flair who can actually change the game.

A yard dog won't get you far, but i suppose Hunt will get a few claps from the old fella in row R because he 'didnt give up'.

Stephen Hunt is absolutely [Poor language removed].

I'm [Poor language removed] sick of picking up yard dogs for 5 million because all they can do is give 100% and run around like a headless chicken.

Lets actually try and get players on another level for once? Players with abit of flair who can actually change the game.

A yard dog won't get you far, but i suppose Hunt will get a few claps from the old fella in row R because he 'didnt give up'.

Agreed, [Poor language removed] Hunt he's [Poor language removed]!!

200px-C-bob.png

[Poor language removed] sideshow hunt!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back