Derby build up thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hibbert will not let us down at that end of the pitch

The other end of the pitch, having him instead of Seamus, is where his presence weakens us significantly!!

I've seen Hibbert balls so many Derby games up in the past as a defensive full back to be certain he has nothing to offer other than another repeat performance. If he avoids giving a pen away or getting sent off then that'll be his major input to the proceedings.

If Hibbert, Stones and Osman play tomorrow night, a point's a good result.

It's not overly negative to say that.

We could be very, very weak tomorrow.

If Hibbert, Stones and Osman play tomorrow night, a point's a good result.

It's not overly negative to say that.

We could be very, very weak tomorrow.

We're supposed to be happy and confident...because we might get one of six doubtful on the pitch for an Anfield Derby...it's all good, apparently.

No.. it's really, really not.

We need full strength or near to it to get a result of any description there.

Nah. Villa are appalling and should have won. They had a full strength team out at Bournemouth and struggled.

We don't have Moyes telling his players to go all out for a nil nil and that a narrow defeat is acceptable anymore.

No matter what team goes out they'll have the right attitude and will give them a game.

I think it'll come down to whether they're (the RS) able to con a penalty or red card out of the referee; as that's one of the few things out of our control tomorrow.

As long as we have players capable of producing a bit of magic (Mirallas, Lukaku, Baines), a solid central midfield (Barry, McCarthy) and two of our first three picks of centre backs and goalkeeper (Jagielka, Howard) playing, we ought to be ok.

Obviously the RS go into the game as favourites; they're above us in the league, massively outspend us and are at home, but we won't get hammered and could still take the points on the day.

I'll take a draw like.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wish people would stop with the bravado, we played a full strength side at goodison and could only draw, like it or not their forwards are lethal and if jags and distin are out alongside coleman and barkley we have a very slim chance of 3 points.

no one wants to snot the gimps more than me but I can see this being 3-1 Liverpool if we dont have some fortune with the injuries

Let Davek have the last word he always does anyway, never come across anyone who calls himself a blue who seems to hate supporting us so much. We have a great chance of upsetting everyone from the RS fans to the G*bshyte pundits and going 4th in the process. I can´t wait . And if we lose we can just blame Davek for putting bad joo joo on us. COYB!

Let Davek have the last word he always does anyway, never come across anyone who calls himself a blue who seems to hate supporting us so much. We have a great chance of upsetting everyone from the RS fans to the G*bshyte pundits and going 4th in the process. I can´t wait . And if we lose we can just blame Davek for putting bad joo joo on us. COYB!

Davek doesn't hate supporting everton at all.
He hates having phonies on the board, who hold the team he loves back.

And there is NOTHING wrong with that.

Yes, rather than on a club that wont pay out for propoer cover in order to protect it's league position and European ambitions. It's been me all along sabotaging Everton's efforts and not a boardroom that diverts cash God knows where away from squad building.

Is Coleman injured? If so, I think that would be one injury too many for us to have a realistic chance of winning the game.

I'd take the point now, all day long. Not enough depth in midfield to link up the play and Lukaku has been as effective as Phil Neville for two months now, and it's the type of match where you'd need a big game from your striker to negate Suarez & Sturridge tearing the increasingly suspect Distin apart.

A draw's also not the worst result because we seem to have a load of players all coming back in a roughly two-week period, after the derby. You'd think Distin, Coleman, Deulofeu, Barkley, Alcaraz(?), Traore and Pienaar will all be back very soon after, if not for, the derby. If we're still a point behind them after it, half our side will be nicely rested and raring to go for the final third of the season.

Also, looking at the fact that they'll have had two home games, to Villa and ourselves, recently, whereas we'll have had two aways at WBA and Anfield, if they fail to beat us, they won't have opened the gap on us by a single point, which is a missed opportunity and I think that'll swing the balance a little bit in our favour, as long as we do the job in our coming home games like Villa.

The last few derbies we've had our luck going in with Suarez or Sturridge injured/suspended, Reina sent off and Brad Jones in goals, etc etc.
We've played them in some of our recent games without their stars featuring and yet they've always managed to get their results.
That's because, as much as Martinez wants to describe it as just another game, that whole cliche of the form book going out the window really does stand.
Even if we're playing with Hibbo, Ossie and Naismith I am quietly confident that it will be a better competition than many of the insipid Anfield performances we gave prior to Roberto Martinez's Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back