Derby build up thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that Glen Johnson is injured as well.

We will play with whichever team the manager picks. It would be great if Coleman,Barkley,Pienaar and Deulofeu were fit and we hope that some of them will be . Injuries happen and they all had relatively routine injuries that you cannot prevent only manage as best you can.In a week or so they will be all back playing and hopefully there will again be competition for places.

I only want us to sign players that have a long term future at the club,not stopgaps who are filling a hole because of short term injuries.
Most of the better players are simply not available in this window,we all know that and if the manager chooses to wait to see if he can sign the players he truly wants then so

I'm looking at Everton's team options for this and there is a real possibility that we could have Hibbert, Osman and Naismith on the team sheet ready to start.

It's a disaster.

We may as well accept that injuries have intervened here to rob us of the chance of being competitive, take this one on the chin and bear the pain of another Derby defeat over there and hope the rest of the week goes by quickly until the Villa game.

By the way, if we have a lot of those injured back for the Villa game I'll be pretty pissed off that Martinez will have downgraded the Derby for the sake of a few more days rest for recovering players. You just dont do that - it's the shortest route into an Everton supporter's bad books as far as I'm concerned.

Liverpool's injury is list is worse than yours

He's not out. And they have no significant game changers out. We do.

Aw ay from that though: if Martinez rests players a few days more to prepare them for a game against Villa at home that would be hard to take.

Get a jab into them and get them out there. This is the Derby. I really hope he doesn't fall into the same category as ginger bollocks and his attitude to this fixture. It wont be tolerated.

There'll be much wailing and gnashing of teeth if all of a sudden at the weekend Barkley, Coleman, Distin etc are on the pitch, becuase it'll look like he's sacrificed three points at Anfield for a better shot at three against Villa.

Just saw him as being a doubt, but I guess it looks like Rodgers might use him.

Who's not tolerating stuff? If those three are out tomorrow and back for Villa most people will just be happy to have them back, especially if we win at the weekend. For what it's worth, I think at least two of those three will make the squad. If Martinez doesn't use a player it's because he doesn't think they're ready. Sounds like you're fuming at something you've just made up.

Liverpool's injury is list is worse than yours

Ha Ha Ha.

The first kopite wind up of the next 24 hours...apart from the surreptitious kopites on here who masquerade as Everton supporters, of course.

Yeah, ok mate. There's no one you have out that would get into our first team.

Do one.

Just saw him as being a doubt, but I guess it looks like Rodgers might use him.

Who's not tolerating stuff? If those three are out tomorrow and back for Villa most people will just be happy to have them back, especially if we win at the weekend. For what it's worth, I think at least two of those three will make the squad. If Martinez doesn't use a player it's because he doesn't think they're ready. Sounds like you're fuming at something you've just made up.

I wont be the only one who looks dimly at a decision to go into a Derby resting players for Villa on Saturday. If that happens it will not go down well.

Biggest derby game for 30 YEARS. The fall out could be biblical if one team gets a result.

Is it fudge

The semi final was bigger

You know the one they beat us in when everyone said they had a crap team

Ha Ha Ha.

The first kopite wind up of the next 24 hours...apart from the surreptitious kopites on here who masquerade as Everton supporters, of course.

Yeah, ok mate. There's no one you have out that would get into our first team.

Do one.

Why is it now a sudden comparison of squads? You may not want them in your team but Lucas, Allen, Johnson, Enrique, Sakho are regulars in ours....they will be a huge miss

Why is it now a sudden comparison of squads? You may not want them in your team but Lucas, Allen, Johnson, Enrique, Sakho are regulars in ours....they will be a huge miss

You've coped without them because you have massive squad with cover.

Can I welcome you to the reality of Everton FC while your here? WE HAVE NOTHING BEYOND A FIRST TEAM CORE OF ABOUT 14 PLAYERS AND WE HAVE A COMPLETE TEAM OF PEOPLE OUT INJURED RIGHT NOW.

You're welcome.

Exactly.

I think some of our fans are still used to Moyes type excuses.

You have injuries, we have injuries. It will make it all the sweeter when we spank your sorry arses ;)

You've coped without them because you have massive squad with cover.

Can I welcome you to the reality of Everton FC while your here? WE HAVE NOTHING BEYOND A FIRST TEAM CORE OF ABOUT 14 PLAYERS AND WE HAVE A COMPLETE TEAM OF PEOPLE OUT INJURED RIGHT NOW.

You're welcome.

Our squad is not all massive...except cover in the CB area we lack numbers in almost every department. Only good thing us that our three in form players- Suarez, Sturridge and Sterling are all fit going into this.

Our squad is not all massive...except cover in the CB area we lack numbers in almost every department. Only good thing us that our three in form players- Suarez, Sturridge and Sterling are all fit going into this.

hello mate, whats the latest on sakho and allen? i think they are the 2 that are the possibles to make it back, yes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back