Derby build up thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our squad is not all massive...except cover in the CB area we lack numbers in almost every department. Only good thing us that our three in form players- Suarez, Sturridge and Sterling are all fit going into this.

Yeah, you're a poor club with a limited squad and few options with four injuries.

Please stop this tripe. Dont cpmpare our injury crisis with your couple of minor inconveniences. This Derby is skewed heavily in your favour and if you fail to win it it just confirms how bogus your team is as contenders.

Our squad is not all massive...except cover in the CB area we lack numbers in almost every department. Only good thing us that our three in form players- Suarez, Sturridge and Sterling are all fit going into this.

That's the big plus for you. Looks like we will be without Coleman, Barkley and Kone. Our 3 form players.

Yeah, you're a poor club with a limited squad and few options with four injuries.

Please stop this tripe. Dont cpmpare our injury crisis with your couple of minor inconveniences. This Derby is skewed heavily in your favour and if you fail to win it it just confirms how bogus your team is as contenders.

Which first teamer are you missing apart from Coleman and possibly Barkley?

Before the last derby I couldn't understand people not wanting to watch the game.
After the game and almost passing out in my living room I get it.
I am on my way across the pond and will be at the AFC Wimbledon game on Tuesday (does anyone have radio options for my iPhone just in case).
I will be at the Aston Villa game in person, my heart should be able to take that game.

...the Villa game might turn out the more nerve wracking of the two. But first things first.
PS enjoy Goodison mate!

No doubt it will be a tough game and made much harder with our injuries. That being said, we have played them many times when their side has been significantly better than ours and we have still done ourselves justice and come away with something. The difference since RM took over is that we can be sure that whoever he puts out will give it a go and actually try to win the game rather than avoid defeat.

We still have a decent first XI, even with all the injuries and this game is probably the hardest to predict in a long time as there is very little between the sides given both teams' injury worries.

Biggest derby game for 30 YEARS. The fall out could be biblical if one team gets a result.

Yep, or maybe just three points .When alls said and done thats what the fall out will be . The only ones expecting anything but a Everton loss are the Everton fans ( and even a few of them are none believers ) I believe we can do it . But if we don´t it is not the end of the world ,or even our season. Perspective is key.

Their injuries aren't as extensive or as crucial to their play as ours are. That's not "getting the excuses in", that's just a fact.

It'd be a massive achievement for us to take the three points off them given we have an entire first team side out injured. We're looking towards a massive game from Mirallas & Lukaku to stand much of a chance.

The difference is who we're going to be forced to put in the starting XI by our injuries.

Hibbert, Osman and possibly Stones. A half-fit McGeady as well, possibly.

ok cheers, am hoping sakho isnt...we have a chance against toure i think, also hope you go with a midfield two of gerrard and henderson(which doesnt work)

Yes , the midfield is the biggest issue....both Lucas and Allen are out so it's difficult to see who we shoehorn there. Coutinho is out of form and Alberto has been untested

Their injuries aren't as extensive or as crucial to their play as ours are. That's not "getting the excuses in", that's just a fact.

It'd be a massive achievement for us to take the three points off them given we have an entire first team side out injured. We're looking towards a massive game from Mirallas & Lukaku to stand much of a chance.

If Distin and Barkley are passed fit to play then the spine of the team is sound and is first choice and also means Mirallas can occupy a place out wide as he does when we are at full strength.

Then we would only have right back and the other wide place to worry about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back