Derby build up thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea ,lets get Vincent Tan in.

Nothing against you mate. But this argument is so overused and so so stupid.

Just because some people who come in and don't do too well with their clubs, because they don't understand football correctly, doesn't mean every single potential investor is the same.

End of the day, Tan has messed about with the club whilst putting millions into rebuilding the squad and adding to it, also adding training facilities etc to their club. They're financially and squad wise better off than they were before Tan came in.

Kenwright knows the game. But he also doesn't do anything for the club. He knows football and knows how to work people, fans, and media. That's how he's stayed on as chairman. No other reason. The man is an actor.

As for the derby think we've got a real chance of winning to be honest!

He has put more money into Cardiff in his short time there, than Kenwright has put into Everton in how many years?

Than he has ever. We have a net spend of -£2.5m a season over the last five years, and -£700k over the last ten years - the only club currently in the Premier League to have a negative net spend over that period of time.

In short, as we all know, Kenwright hasn't in real terms invested a penny into the club since he took over. That's why Martinez is "happy" to have a transfer window which consists of a player coming in for a nominal fee and a loan signing, because that's all we can expect whilst that chancer is running the club.

Nothing against you mate. But this argument is so overused and so so stupid.

Just because some people who come in and don't do too well with their clubs, because they don't understand football correctly, doesn't mean every single potential investor is the same.

End of the day, Tan has messed about with the club whilst putting millions into rebuilding the squad and adding to it, also adding training facilities etc to their club. They're financially and squad wise better off than they were before Tan came in.

Kenwright knows the game. But he also doesn't do anything for the club. He knows football and knows how to work people, fans, and media. That's how he's stayed on as chairman. No other reason. The man is an actor.

As for the derby think we've got a real chance of winning to be honest!

Fair enough , but the point being made is it could be worse,and again every thread is used to bang the point home again and again. Can we not just concentrate on the Derby tomorrow ? Instead of how rotten the board is and the evil Kenright .
Lets do these RS tw@ts!

Stop flapping will you? You're acting like we're facing up against the Liverpool of the 70s with the Everton of the 90s. The fact is that while our defence may be weakened it doesn't really matter since the defences aren't going to be the units that win this game, the midfield will be what decides this game and our midfield is better than theirs. We also have our best striker since Sharpy up front who loves playing them and they hate playing, especially so now their defence is weakened too. Can you imagine what they must be feeling like now? In their heart of hearts they know if they're getting anything from this they need their strikers to be on form, if they don't do it they will lose since our team is better than theirs even with their strikers. As long as we play our game they won't get a sniff and we'll win this injuries or no since Martinez knows what this means to the fans, he won't let us down.

Let's see if you have the same opinion when we're on the end of a severe toeing tomorrow night.

We haven't suffered one of those all season, not even away to a very good Man City.

Don't they have some injury concerns? Lucas and Allen both out means, what, Gerrard in his wonderful holding role alongside Henderson, sitting in front of a dodgy defence? They're absolutely beatable.

I said it a couple of pages back.....I'll say it again

this lot are _****!! They have ONE, maybe two outfiled players I'd swap for any of ours even with the injuries. If you think having Hibbert at full-back is bad, they'll have Cissokho. And I'll say this again too - Suarez doesn't look quite as sharp as he did! 3 goals since Christmas too!!

Before the last derby I couldn't understand people not wanting to watch the game.
After the game and almost passing out in my living room I get it.
I am on my way across the pond and will be at the AFC Wimbledon game on Tuesday (does anyone have radio options for my iPhone just in case).
I will be at the Aston Villa game in person, my heart should be able to take that game.

We haven't suffered one of those all season, not even away to a very good Man City.

Don't they have some injury concerns? Lucas and Allen both out means, what, Gerrard in his wonderful holding role alongside Henderson, sitting in front of a dodgy defence? They're absolutely beatable.

He's not out. And they have no significant game changers out. We do.

Aw ay from that though: if Martinez rests players a few days more to prepare them for a game against Villa at home that would be hard to take.

Get a jab into them and get them out there. This is the Derby. I really hope he doesn't fall into the same category as ginger bollocks and his attitude to this fixture. It wont be tolerated.

There'll be much wailing and gnashing of teeth if all of a sudden at the weekend Barkley, Coleman, Distin etc are on the pitch, becuase it'll look like he's sacrificed three points at Anfield for a better shot at three against Villa.

We'll spank these carts tomorrow.

Sxi nil to us. Traore with a late brace, Hibbert with the rest.

NEA lids, ffs, COYB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back