Derby build up thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Their injuries aren't as extensive or as crucial to their play as ours are. That's not "getting the excuses in", that's just a fact.

It'd be a massive achievement for us to take the three points off them given we have an entire first team side out injured. We're looking towards a massive game from Mirallas & Lukaku to stand much of a chance.

How do we have an entire first team out ?

I think the absence of true world class players for Liverpool will be telling.

Everton just are better. Better players, better football and better ethics.

They do have better banners and singing to be fair.

My word this thread can be depressing, people on here are already saying that Martinez is gunna bottle it before we even know who's back or not, just wait and see what team there is before you start comparing him to Moyes. Plus everyone has to remember, the derby is only one game, if we do put out a slightly weekened team because of injurys, it's not because RM doesn't want to win, just not risk players being out for another month.

Last edited:
I was watching from the Kop when we beat Liverpool 2-0 back in Jan (maybe Feb?) 1986. Thought that was the League decider...but it wasn't. They got more points over the final third of that season and we came second.

Conclusion/lesson learnt : this is a big game, but it's not season defining.

My word this thread can be depressing, people on here are already saying that Martinez is gunna bottle it before we even know he's back or not, just wait and see what team there is before you start comparing him to Moyes. Plus everyone has to remember, the derby is only one game, if we do put out a slightly weekened team because of injurys, it's not because RM doesn't want to win, just not risk players being out for another month.

Indeed in a nut shell.

Decent team that, with Traore up front and some random injured goalkeeper in there too!

Makes for depressing reading

Can't think of another team in the league to have that amount of first teamers out

Luckily 90% are not long term

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back