Derby build up thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howard

Stones - Jags - Distin - Baines

-------Barry - McCarthy-----

Mirallas ----Barkley-------Peinaar

------------Lukaku-----------

Bench from - Robles - Hibbert - Alcaraz - Heitinga - Osman - Naismith - Traore - McGeady - Gueye

What's the problem here?

Last edited:
What we need to do is play hibbert, otherwise Stones will really struggle. If stones is centre half i think he will struggle, on saturday he shown his inexperience a few times in the game. By all means i would rather play him and have him learn from said mistakes but not in the derby. So get Hibbert to play for experience and Distan, even if he has to play drugged up for the night, stones can go back in the following game.

In midfield we need to bring piennar and barkley back into the team. I would love to think in the second half we can call apon McGeady for speed, Osman to hopefully take control of the ball (i know) and god knows who else. The last player they want to see playing is Ross, so lets not tell anyone until about half 7 tomorrow eh?

it will be a tough game for us but the most important thing is that we don't get beat. By all means take the game to them and go for the win but if we can't do that then get the point and move on. We aren't at our best 11 so we move on and keep pace with the kopites ready for the weekend.

Howard

Mirallas ----Barkey-------Peinaar

Bench from - Robles - Hibbert - Alcaraz - Heitinga - Osman - Naismith - Toure - McGeady - Gueye

What's the problem here?

He plays for Liverpool?:P

Howard

Bench from - Robles - Hibbert - Alcaraz - Heitinga - Osman - Naismith - Toure - McGeady - Gueye

What's the problem here?

Your spelling?

We'll all be buzzing to see Barkley and Pienaar on the team sheet. Make it so, Roberto.

Howard

Bench from - Robles - Hibbert - Alcaraz - Heitinga - Osman - Naismith - Traore - McGeady - Gueye

What's the problem here?

LOL at Barkey

Our worst possible 11 tomorrow, not terrible but you just can't see where our forward drive will come from. Lukaku needs to grab this game by the scruff of the neck tomorrow..

Howard
Hibbert Stones Jagielka Baines
McCarthy Barry
Osman Miralles Naismith
Lukaku

Only exception there is McGeady, lads obv not 100% so can't see him starting. Couldn't bare the thought of Jagielka being out...

If Barkley starts we win I reckon, if he doesn't then we win anyway and loads of blues call in sick on Wednesday

If either of Barkley or Peinaar or fit we can really rattle them.. at the minute it doesnt seem we have the players to control the game the way we like too, but with one of them back or both? Then I'll be very positive going into it

Is a pain killing injection to Barkley worth it? (y)

if Hibbert starts at right back then we'll lose as he'll upset the whole balance of the team because he's not comfortable (to put it mildly) with the ball at his feet - if we are forced into playing hibbert, stones and johnny at the back then i'd put hibbert centre half and let johnny get on the ball when required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back