Derby build up thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What we need to do is play hibbert, otherwise Stones will really struggle. If stones is centre half i think he will struggle, on saturday he shown his inexperience a few times in the game. By all means i would rather play him and have him learn from said mistakes but not in the derby. So get Hibbert to play for experience and Distan, even if he has to play drugged up for the night, stones can go back in the following game.

Disagree.

Hibbert and Distin are always left wanting in derbies.

I'd much rather Alcarez and/or Stones played. The derby requires players with guts and players confident in their abilities, not players who are scared when in the headlights.

distin can play outside back right?

Probably not his best spot but he does have the football mind to cope with Liverpools wingers (or lack there of)

Deulofeu has uploaded a picture of himself on his instagram watching 'La Ruleta Dela Suerte' quoting 'This programme captivates me'

I have no idea if it's in Barcelona or his apartment here, where he could have access to the Spanish channels!

bob's defo playing some (selection / injury) mind games here!

bottom line is that both ourselves & the horrible RS are suffering depleted squads, so it kinda balances out. we have enough to triumph. the key, as others have said, is that our big belge beaut TURNS UP and replicates that early season power (cos he's been verging on gash for a few months now am afraid to say). COOOOOOOOOOME ON

Deulofeu has uploaded a picture of himself on his instagram watching 'La Ruleta Dela Suerte' quoting 'This programme captivates me'

I have no idea if it's in Barcelona or his apartment here, where he could have access to the Spanish channels!

Aint back in the country till the weekend is he?

Disagree.

I'd much rather Alcarez and/or Stones played. The derby requires players with guts and players confident in their abilities, not players who are scared when in the headlights.

This^

Our worst possible 11 tomorrow, not terrible but you just can't see where our forward drive will come from. Lukaku needs to grab this game by the scruff of the neck tomorrow..

Howard
Hibbert Stones Jagielka Baines
McCarthy Barry
Osman Miralles Naismith
Lukaku

Only exception there is McGeady, lads obv not 100% so can't see him starting. Couldn't bare the thought of Jagielka being out...

Even a season or two ago had we gone into a derby with Mirallas and Lukaku upfront we would have been pinching ourselves made up. Now we're annoyed that Barkley Deulofeu and Pienaar can't compliment them and that we're missing the league's best right back. Different world. If either of the two Belgians pull their finger out they could win the game single handedly .

Deulofeu is out, along with Coleman. Only two guaranted players that won't be on the teamsheet, along with the usuals Kone and & Gibson.

Everyone else has some chance at least

I'd go for

Howard
Stones Alcaraz Jagielka Baines
McCarthy Barry
Mirallas Osman Pienaar
Lukaku​

Well, that's my prediction anyway, would love to say Barkley, but who knows what'll happen.

Worst Scenario team

Howard
Hibbert Distin Stones Baines
McCarthy Barry
Naismith Osman Mirallas
Lukaku​

Disagree.

Sylvain-Distin-Everton-apologises-cropped-812657.jpg

Just listening to that Martinez interview this morning on the injured list of Jagielka, Distin, Coleman, Alacarez, Pienaar, Barkley: "I'll be very, very doubtful if they can make it for the Derby tomorrow, but they're not that far away so maybe someone has a chance to make it".

Nightmare statement.

I think he's talking about Jagielka alone making this match out of those 6.

We're sending a makeshift outfit on the pitch tomorrow night. The defence is going to be a dogs breakfast and upfront we'll have a feller who's barely played for months and a second rate bench warmer in either Osman or Naismith.

That is way too big a burden to take into an important match like this,

Kevin Mirallas has to play behind the striker, he's been in lethal form since playing that position. I'd play Naismith on the right and sub him for McGeady last 25.

However, we could see Osman playing behind Lukaku, Mirallas on the left and Naismith on the right.

Osman must not play on the left tomorrow. It's as simple as that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back