Derby build up thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You where else we didn't win for a generation? Old Trafford. If we can go there and do what we did then we can certainly go to Anfield and beat them too. Don't forget that that United team had Rooney, Evra, Fellaini, Valencia, De Gea and Vidic all playing, better players than what we're going to face tomorrow except for Suarez

We didn't have an injury crisis though did we mate?

Praying that Martinez is planning a popcorning of epic proportions with all these supposed to injuries. Barkely, Pienaar and Jags would be a massive boost for us. It's not looking very likely though.

With a makeshift team we can forget about controlling or dominating our way to a result, it will basically be dependent on us outscoring or keeping up with Suarez. With Mirallas' current form you'd have to hope he'll score. Lukaku has a good record against these too. Will that be enough?

It's the very opposite of negative. It's wanting this football club to be strong enough to wipe the floor with all challengers to us. Maybe you shrug your shoulders at not being able to do that, but dont attack people who want Everton to be the best and who identify the obstacles to that ambition.

11 injured Davek how much cover shall we buy , a new squad? FFS. Attack? Hardly, you do the attacking mate . With every thread. We can all piss and moan ,but I choose to get behind the team and manager before the Derby . Not use it as an exuse to go on and on and on and on and on about the board .Again .

Last edited:
Playing Hibbert and Stones in defence against Stevenage looks for all the world now less like resting key players and more like having a dry run for the Derby.

It's shocking, it really is. The thought we could be going to Anfield with a backline of that nature is just too horrendous to think about.

Stop fishing la.

I hate Kenwright too, but we'll still snot the RS tomorrow with 19-year-old Stones in defence.

11 injured Davek how much cover shall we buy , a new squad? FFS. Attack? Hardly, you do the attacking mate . With every thread. We can all piss and moan ,but I choose to get behind the team and manager before the Derby . Not use it as an exuse to go on and on and on and on and on about the board .Again .

I tell you what, why dont we start by spending the money that came in this month? Eh? That would be a nice start wouldn't it?

For all the negativity on display,

I for one think Hibbert will likely start and will rise to the occasion as an experienced professional will do.
Look, we dont have to be wonderkinds in the defense. They just have to do a job and we have to trust our passing will unlock their (liverpool's) goal.

Game will be about who has more heart... and afterall:

Everton arent we?

Last edited:
For all the negativity on display,

I for one think Hibbert will likely start and will rise to the occasion as an experienced professional will do. Look we dont have to be wonderkinds in the defense. They just have to do a job and we have to trust our passing will unlock their (liverpool's) goal.

Game will about who has more heart... and afterall:

Everton arent we?

If we did start with Hibbert we lose a massive percentage of our attacking intent. he was terrified of getting forward against stevenage

Even if Hibbert starts - and for the record I think he's an appalling footbaler and a massive liability in any starting XI - I think we'll be alright. He'll stick to 100% defending and it'll probably make us tighter at the back, meaning we'll no doubt just concentrate on Baines going forward and working the ball left to right in midfield and to Mirallas. No worries. It will be Hibbert's last derby imo, so he'll no doubt want to have one to remember. Go ed Tony lad, get into 'um.

I tell you what, why dont we start by spending the money that came in this month? Eh? That would be a nice start wouldn't it?

Ive logged on in work via my mobile just to tell you to stfu. Stop banging on you irritating bell.

We get it. You dont feel great about tomorrow. Now stop inundating this forum with your spineless whinging. Grow some balls and looks at the positives.

Ive logged on in work via my mobile just to tell you to stfu. Stop banging on you irritating bell.

We get it. You dont feel great about tomorrow. Now stop inundating this forum with your spineless whinging. Grow some balls and looks at the positives.

Tom,
tumblr_m2zzuk97P61qma3or.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back