Derby build up thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I think we have all seen the difference a positive attitude around the place can make this season. I have absolutely no time for miserable negativity. I'm with Bobby on this one.

Last edited:
Maybe tomorrow night will be the night Bobby finally snaps us out of the negative mindset when it comes to these games.

You can't blame people for being negative about playing a weakened side at a ground we haven't won at since 1999. They're not all that, but our record there is hideous. There is a bit of a mental block that Martinez is trying to remove. Hopefully tomorrow will see us move past it. We have a load of injuries though and that really takes the piss, frankly, so negativity is to be expected.

I think it's more frustration than negitivety, we have a positive manager and a good team and everyone thought this would be the time to turn those mongrels over, then our worse injury crisis of the season hits, taking some real star players, were not facing bayern here though, they've got plenty of weak points, we need to get right into these

Well I think we have all seen the difference a positive attitude around the place can make this season. I have absolutely no time for miserable negativity. I with Bobby on this one.

Well said. The negativity gets SO boring after a while and it's been a relief this season to hear postives. I look forward to the derbies now under Bobby, beforehand it sometimes seemed like we were beaten before a ball was kicked. The players seem to have more confidence in their own ability and there's a lot to be said for good team spirit.

The sqaud might be weaker but i have a feeling it will go like this

Howard will be back swearing to go.
Coleman will play
Baines celebrating new contract
Jags back
Stones instead of Distin
Gar Bar and McCarthy as usual
Barkley back and on a mission the lad bleeds blue.
Miralles and Geads to provide Lukaku with the ammo to cause havoc.

Geads will score before being replaced by Del returning to rip Kopites a new one.
Traore off bench to kick the out of Srktel scoring the winner and Heitinga on for 10 mins for a farewell good bye.

Legends are gonna be made tomorrow. Come on you Blues

2-1 with the sewer rat getting the RS goal

Maybe tomorrow night will be the night Bobby finally snaps us out of the negative mindset when it comes to these games.

You can't blame people for being negative about playing a weakened side at a ground we haven't won at since 1999. They're not all that, but our record there is hideous. There is a bit of a mental block that Martinez is trying to remove. Hopefully tomorrow will see us move past it. We have a load of injuries though and that really takes the piss, frankly, so negativity is to be expected.

Negativity acheives nothing.

Going down my local in norf landan to watch it. Me and the girl will be the only Blues there. No doubt, there'll be 10-20 glory hunting cockneys in. At least every neutral will be shouting us on.

Got a good feeling about this one.

Tom,
tumblr_m2zzuk97P61qma3or.gif

...another great gif butters. That's TWO gif compliments I have given you today...I'm going to lie down now.

...both sides are adversely impacted by the PL's attrition rate. But I maintain that Bryan's nasty, nasty injury might provide EFC with the motivation to battle out a win here. I am not expecting the same spectacle as the first derby provided. This might be a game more trench warfare-like in nature.

I am surprisingly not nervous ahead of this one. I suspect the Villa game might find us more 'mentally' vulnerable.

We havent beat these since 2010, amazing really

Not really that's only 9 games including tomorrow. 7 of them under Moyes which means 4 of them (3 away and wembley) we were never going to win. It's horrible the way we haven't beaten them, they're all so cocky and think they're so much better than us. I really hope we murder them tomorrow, if we can have Jags and Distin as our CB pairing I think we've got a great chance. COYB

See no friendly questionaire from the 2 faced prick from anfield this time round.

Read his lieing comments on rawk deliberately mixing Heysel and Hilsbrough claiming evertonians were besmirching the Hilsbrough victims. Obviously someone from here nailed him cos he had to apologise then run back to school - no account liar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back