Derby build up thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really that's only 9 games including tomorrow. 7 of them under Moyes which means 4 of them (3 away and wembley) we were never going to win. It's horrible the way we haven't beaten them, they're all so cocky and think they're so much better than us. I really hope we murder them tomorrow, if we can have Jags and Distin as our CB pairing I think we've got a great chance. COYB

Why? Distin has done nothing but repeatedly cock up against Liverpool. He's not a big game player and is not positionally good enough. He switches off for set pieces as well whenever we play them. I would take Alcaraz or Stones over Distin any day of the week. Sick of the site of Suarez or Coutinho scoring from set plays against us because our centre back has jumped too early. It's ridiculous, one long ball or diagonal normally does for Distin and Liverpool play a lot more of them than Brendan tiki taka Rodgers cares to admit.

1656349_440441072749601_510128941_n.jpg

Cheers from official facebook Everton Bulgaria page !

It's all set up for Hibbert, enjoying the freedom afforded to him by Martinez's system, to notch the winner in front of the kop.

Why? Distin has done nothing but repeatedly cock up against Liverpool. He's not a big game player and is not positionally good enough. He switches off for set pieces as well whenever we play them. I would take Alcaraz or Stones over Distin any day of the week. Sick of the site of Suarez or Coutinho scoring from set plays against us because our centre back has jumped too early. It's ridiculous, one long ball or diagonal normally does for Distin and Liverpool play a lot more of them than Brendan tiki taka Rodgers cares to admit.

You're right, mate. Watching Distin play against Liverpool is a horrendous experience. He actually did okay against them last May at Anfield but no doubt that was down to the absence of Suarez.

I watched Everton in the FA Cup match against Stevenage and thought they were very thorough. It was a real banana skin going down to Stevenage where the pitch ain't great and it was a 5.30pm kick-off. There was a lot of pressure on Everton and they came out well on top and I was very impressed. Liverpool played a strong team at Bournemouth and got through, but they looked poor against Villa the week before. I find this a hard game to call, but I'll just lean towards Liverpool - and I think they'll end up finishing higher in the table this season.

That my fellow blues is Paul Merson's thoughts on the game tomorrow.

....I would love us to be going in with a full squad against their full squad. My fear is that our absences will hurt more because their ability in the top third is undiminished. Saying all of that, I'm sure we will give it a right good go and I suspect they are as wary as they have been in a long time.

I'm planning on getting into work early tomorrow, as I know that as the afternoon ticks away my productivity will signficantly decline.

Up the Toffees.

......by the way, I still think there'll be everything to play for regardless of the result. I think it was 86 when we went there and won 2-0 to go well clear at the top and they caught us up. I'm thinking we can be formidable when everybody is available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back