Derby build up thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate anyone ****ging players of for their mistakes but Distin has made a few in the big games and personally I'd rather see a young up and coming 19 year old make a mistake than Distin..

I wouldn't rule out Traore starting tomorrow night. Martinez has said he can play that role in behind the forward, which would allow us to keep Mirallas on the right and if Pienaar makes it him on the left. I doubt Martinez will want to start too many debutants like, so if he does that McGeady can sit it out on the bench.

Tough one this one. I feel if we are going to go there and win we need Coleman, Barkley and piennar back. However can we risk all 3 coming back from injury in such a high intensity game. Myself if I could choose two, it would be Coleman as there left side of there defence is shocking and naturally Barkley. The whole team plays at another level offensively when he is playing. However knowing our luck none of them will make it.

I shudder the thought of Hibbo starting as he just backs off against any attacker who is running at in our penalty area! If he starts we have had it!

Nah mate

Defensively he's solid. I would have no qualms with him up against Coutinho - the most overrated footballer in the history of the weeerld.

I worry about him on the ball, but as has been said elsewhere, we play quite an expansive game involving all 11 players seeing the ball equally - its not as if he will be used as an alternative Baines a la Coleman

I wouldn't rule out Traore starting tomorrow night. Martinez has said he can play that role in behind the forward, which would allow us to keep Mirallas on the right and if Pienaar makes it him on the left. I doubt Martinez will want to start too many debutants like, so if he does that McGeady can sit it out on the bench.

Its a strange on, the number 10 position.

If Barkleys fit(ish) then he starts, no question.

Without him then you'd think Kev would play there.

Against WBA, goal aside, I thought he was really predictable. Ran in straight lines off the shoulder, almost like a traditional striker partner of Lukaku.

Against Stevenage (I know, Stevenage is probably not a good enough justification), he used his burst of pace together with his creativity, looking for Naismith who was stretching the play with his movement. Dare I say it was alot more Berbatov-esque if that makes sense - more guile than just running.

If he wants to play like that again then he has to start there.

Just tell Hibbo to lash it up the wing - sound.

Baines will do the dirt down the left, no worries.

Plus it's al fine, if they dare to advance through the middle Gar Bar and Jamie C will stick it to 'um.

Put your money on Barry first booking, you're virtually buying money (10/1!).

Also lol at the bookies even know how unlikely it is that the referee will play fair; 16 players are 10/1 or less for first booking, cheating kicking get Gerrard comes in at 20s. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah mate

Defensively he's solid. I would have no qualms with him up against Coutinho - the most overrated footballer in the history of the weeerld.

I worry about him on the ball, but as has been said elsewhere, we play quite an expansive game involving all 11 players seeing the ball equally - its not as if he will be used as an alternative Baines a la Coleman
But I see this as the biggest problem, when your a passing team you cant have fullbacks who don't won't the ball, its a huge hinderance, we barely get away with distin and jags at times when in possesion, throw in hibbert, who is in a more key area possesion wise, and it will massively nullify us

Last edited:

Provisional squad on Itv - Everton: Howard, Coleman, Jagielka, Distin, Stones, Baines, Barry, McCarthy, McGeady, Osman, Mirallas, Naismith, Lukaku, Robles, Hibbert, Heitinga, Gueye, Vellios, McAleny, Traore.

Nah mate

I dont mind Hibberti just feel we need Baines/Coleman to keep the ****e on the back foot and to give
us more attacking options
I know we have the better defence and midfield its the final third we are weaker

Just tell Hibbo to lash it up the wing - sound.
Put your money on Barry first booking, you're virtually buying money (10/1!).

Fastest finger first. I was looking at bookings as well for a little extra fun to take my mind of things during the match. TBH I'm quietly optimist. Gone through the stats back to 00 the draws out way the loses. Bearing in mind the negative approach in our previous away encounters. Both teams aren't with they're starting 11 if we can find a way for few diagonal balls to the big man we might prevail.

Barkley

Fastest finger first. I was looking at bookings as well for a little extra fun to take my mind of things during the match. TBH I'm quietly optimist. Gone through the stats back to 00 the draws out way the loses. Bearing in mind the negative approach in our previous away encounters. Both teams aren't with they're starting 11 if we can find a way for few diagonal balls to the big man we might prevail.

Got a feeling bobby has a surprise or 2 up his sleeve for tomorrow. Think he's kept Barkley for it

Provisional squad on Itv - Everton: Howard, Coleman, Jagielka, Distin, Stones, Baines, Barry, McCarthy, McGeady, Osman, Mirallas, Naismith, Lukaku, Robles, Hibbert, Heitinga, Gueye, Vellios, McAleny, Traore.

Lol they know less than nothing.

Coleman is out, Barkley may make it, Heitinga won't be in the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back