Derby build up thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I saw that earlier today.

I remember thinking how much he looks like Lee Carsley. :D

article-2546778-1B009DBC00000578-191_634x422.jpg

article-2546778-1B009E4300000578-971_634x897.jpg

......by the way, I still think there'll be everything to play for regardless of the result. I think it was 86 when we went there and won 2-0 to go well clear at the top and they caught us up. I'm thinking we can be formidable when everybody is available.

I posted earlier about 'eggsactly' the same thing Eggs. Ratcliffe and Lineker scored, we went to top of the table (and were eggstatic) , only to be overhauled by the Dalglish-led Reds over the final third of the season ( our loss to Oxford United eggstinguishing our title hopes).

So, regardless of the result tomorrow, the race to fourth remains ON (no eggsageration!!)

Huge game for Palace tomorrow night v Flat Nose Bruce X1 and I should be concentrating on biting my nails down to the quick on that really but the Merseyside Derby has fascinated me since I was a lad in the 60's. It ranks alongside the Old Firm for passion and towers over the Manc and North London games in my mind. I've always been for Everton. Steak Pie v Toffu, Debbie Harry v Lady Di, Ramones v Spandau Ballet, Jaguar XJ6 v Peugeot 305. Now there are some people in the world who would think it OK to drive Lady Di to a Spandau Ballet concert in a Peugeot 305, and they, my friends are kopites. Delude ,self righteous, entitled, kopites. For the good of football in this country.......SMASH DEEZE PLEASE.....and spare a thought for us at Selhurst. Ta.

Been well impressed by Palace fans Alan. Selhurst Park rocks!. Good luck mate

Belief, gents.

The manager has it, the players have, we have to translate it as fans too.

Tomorrow sees us play the biggest game of our season so far. And for once we'll be going to Anfield for the win. Even if we lose, you better believe we'll go out fighting.

Injuries, form, favourites - They mean sweet feck all.

Really excited for this.

Belief, gents.

Tomorrow sees us play the biggest game of our season so far. And for once we'll be going to Anfield for the win. Even if we lose, you better believe we'll go out fighting.

Really excited for this.
This 100 percent

Nervous about this game now. Fancied us if we had our best 11 out against their best 11, but although they are missing some players too, I think our injured players are of more importance to how we'll do, by comparison. If they were missing one of Suarez, Sturridge or Gerard I think it would've been more even. If Pienaar and/or Barkley can make it, I'll be more hopeful we can win there. It seems Coleman, Delefeou and Distin will all be back at the weekend so this game has come just too soon. Finger crossed though!

Belief, gents.

Really excited for this.

Think the fact the tickets went so quick is testament to the belief

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back