Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

That applies to all of us, but it can help others when they see different opinions or just different things that work. It may be perfect, it may be wide of the mark, or it may get people thinking of a slightly different angle. The main thing is that we are sharing life experiences & de-stigmatising this horrid condition.

And also it can help point people in the right direction as to how to get help, which could hopefully speed up their recovery in the long term ;)

My flat mate split up from her boyfriend recently and it left her in pieces. She is in therapy at the moment because of the details of said break up.
I'm loathe to ever hand out advice just because what I know what works for me may not work for anyone else.
I did (gently) suggest she tried reading "the chimps paradox" (can forward the link if anyone wants/mods say it's ok).
I know, "self-help" books which are any more than generalisations are hard to come by. This one though is more about understanding how our brain works and little techniques in not letting emotion and anxiety 'beat' us. I can't confess to ever having depression, although if I had/have I am sure I would find this tremendous thread helpful.
Anyway, back to my flat mate. She says that the book is helping her, albeit only a bit.
Just thought it might be worthwhile mentioning it in here in case it could help anyone else.
If anyone ever needs a sound-board btw, more than happy to help out in any way I can. Blue family and all that.
That applies to all of us, but it can help others when they see different opinions or just different things that work. It may be perfect, it may be wide of the mark, or it may get people thinking of a slightly different angle. The main thing is that we are sharing life experiences & de-stigmatising this horrid condition.

And also it can help point people in the right direction as to how to get help, which could hopefully speed up their recovery in the long term ;)
It's always worth sharing advice.

Just bear in mind that all things may not work for all folk.

Been on a bad downer of late, and I have to say it's amazing what a bit of perspective can do. I see it as a fog on the brain, not allowing us to think.

Take a look at some of these quotes and sayings, they have helped me chase the fog a bit anyway, I hope they can help some of you.

http://tinybuddha.com/wisdom-quotes/
Some great affirmations there to read. Hope you are on the up ;)

Been on a bad downer of late, and I have to say it's amazing what a bit of perspective can do. I see it as a fog on the brain, not allowing us to think.

Take a look at some of these quotes and sayings, they have helped me chase the fog a bit anyway, I hope they can help some of you.

http://tinybuddha.com/wisdom-quotes/

You a mention " fog on the brain " ?

If you feel like your head is stuffed full of cotton wool when you first wake up and it takes hours to get going in the morning
have a look at " Brain Fog " on the Internet mate ?.

A lot in the medical profession don't recognise it as anything other than tiredness, just like M.E.

However there are some very good articles written by professionals who do take it seriously.

Hope this helps you mate , let me know what you think ?.

If you feel like your head is stuffed full of cotton wool when you first wake up and it takes hours to get going in the morning

A lot in the medical profession don't recognise it as anything other than tiredness, just like M.E.

However there are some very good articles written by professionals who do take it seriously.

Cheers mate.

No I don't think I chose my words too well sorry, what I meant is that sometimes we don't see things in the right light, like a fog covers our thoughts whereas usually it would be clear. It's like when we are too hard on ourselves, I know that I say things to myself that if someone else was in that situation I wouldn't say the same thing, I think it's very, very easy to lose perspective on the simplest of things.

when I wake up in the morning it feels like a hangover. after about an hour i'm not too bad.

Not posted much in here, but I have had anxiety issues for a year or so. Work related, 100%, so not in the same league as some lads on here. Soz if that sounds patronising or just "wrong" by the way. Didnt feel comfortable posting about me, when I knew the reasons, and have helped Mrs R through far more serious stuff.

Anyrate, I just jacked the job in. Was a decent one, but only need a modest income really, and became a courier. It is hard work, at least at first, and not entirely stress free, but it is sound. I have not a second of angst since, so if others have a similar experience to me, (mild stuff, not wanting to post cos it is pretty trivial really), then maybe my minor experience might be of interest.

Not posted much in here, but I have had anxiety issues for a year or so. Work related, 100%, so not in the same league as some lads on here. Soz if that sounds patronising or just "wrong" by the way. Didnt feel comfortable posting about me, when I knew the reasons, and have helped Mrs R through far more serious stuff.

Anyrate, I just jacked the job in. Was a decent one, but only need a modest income really, and became a courier. It is hard work, at least at first, and not entirely stress free, but it is sound. I have not a second of angst since, so if others have a similar experience to me, (mild stuff, not wanting to post cos it is pretty trivial really), then maybe my minor experience might be of interest.
major or minor it still helps to get it out there and this is as good a place as any. glad it worked out for you.

Work related is extremely valid, it's where we spend most of our time.

You may as well be happy at work, because that will make you happy at home.

Health not wealth mate ;)

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back