Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Another day and I hope it finds everyone good. Didn't have a good one yesterday and was basically bed ridden all day. Managed to keep myself occupied, had my laptop, book, fags ( hey calm down my American friends it's not what you think ), and between lurking on here, reading, dozing I managed to ignore most of the aches and pains. Hoping to be up and a bout today, so much to do and I hope no one needs any help today but if you do I'm all hearing aids here for you.

hwyl

Another day and I hope it finds everyone good. Didn't have a good one yesterday and was basically bed ridden all day. Managed to keep myself occupied, had my laptop, book, fags ( hey calm down my American friends it's not what you think ), and between lurking on here, reading, dozing I managed to ignore most of the aches and pains. Hoping to be up and a bout today, so much to do and I hope no one needs any help today but if you do I'm all hearing aids here for you.

hwyl
Good morning mate. You finding your bad days are a result of overdoing it the day before, or just part and parcel of what's expected?

hwyl
Bore Da

I've been reading your posts and just wanted to say what an inspirational man you are. I have always suffered with depression and anxiety, amongst other things but after reading what you are going through and sounding so positive whilst beinghelpful and caring towards others on here, I'm in awe. I hope you feel better today and manage to do what you need to do x

Last edited:
I've been reading your posts and just wanted to say what an inspirational man you are. I have always suffered with depression and anxiety, amongst other things but after reading what you are going through and sounding so positive whilst beinghelpful and caring towards others on here, I'm in awe. I hope you feel better today and manage to do what you need to do x
+1

Thank you all. Just feeling lost and very much heartbroken how does a dad go from 110% to this.

Unfortunately it happens very quickly once it starts sliding,it happened to me years so I know how sad and lonely you're feeling at the moment.
There are a loot of good,kind people on this thread ready to listen to you and help you when you feel ready to talk some more,just believe that eventually things will get better because they will.

Does anybody here have an awfully hard time saying the simple word 'no'?
...What is wrong with me?

Sorry to truncate your message (just trying to make this reply not too long)- what others have said, there's nothing wrong with you, being unable to say no is difficult for lots of people, for lots of reasons (not least of which being avoiding confrontation/ unpleasant situation/ diasppointing someone/ lacking confidence etc). Just remember, so long as it's not delivered in a harsh manner, people shouldn't really take offence (especially if you feel able to explain why).

@PaulieMc I hope the new job gets easier- it sucks when you have to work different hours from your friends, but hopefully you'll find other ways to spend time with them. And ultimately, a job is a job, not worth your health.

Thank you all. Just feeling lost and very much heartbroken how does a dad go from 110% to this.

I don't know what's happened, but like others here, I'm here to chat if you need/ want to talk. Perhaps describing a bit more about what is making you feel so lost might help to resolve a bit?

hwyl

Glad you've managed to get up today :) Since I can't understand Welsh, here's some Chinese- 加油!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back