Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

More for moaning than sharing, although I'm always happy to share others problems and talk it out.

Hoping to grow some balls and some dignity. ;)

no need mate took balls enough to open up on here, which shows you know there's problems which is half the battle

It will get better, maybe in ways you can't foresee, which doesn't mean those ways and stuff aren't there

one day, well maybe more than a few 'one days' tbh, but one day I woke up and realised I didn't know how bad I'd been. I knew that because I was getting better and had a base to see how far in the right direction I had actually come.
I looked back and thought - sod that for a game of soldiers and kept on going the right way

Struggling to hold it all together at the moment, finding it hard to keep my "normal" face on for everyone. I don't know if the chest infection I had has thrown everything askew but I can't seem to get back on an even keel. I just feel tired all the time and can't seem to focus on anything and the pain seems harder to hide. I finally got my appointment to go to the hospice but it's not till the 14th, more waiting and that is frustrating me just always waiting. Rant over.

Struggling to hold it all together at the moment, finding it hard to keep my "normal" face on for everyone. I don't know if the chest infection I had has thrown everything askew but I can't seem to get back on an even keel. I just feel tired all the time and can't seem to focus on anything and the pain seems harder to hide. I finally got my appointment to go to the hospice but it's not till the 14th, more waiting and that is frustrating me just always waiting. Rant over.
Keep those rants coming. We're here for ya, and it's better than ranting at anyone close...(though I don't think you're that guy)

My wife has had a severe chest infection the last few days and it's really knocked her for six. Sometimes you have to let the "normal " face go . I know you want to show everyone , particularly your wife, that despite things you are managing ok and not to worry them, but sometimes you have to show it. It is frustrating looking after my wife who wants to do what she was doing last week but can't , not that she ever listens to me of course , but sometimes I wish she would. What I'm trying to say is your loved ones will recognise your good days and bad days even if you try to hide them and some days it's ok to show you're feeling crap.
Only you know where the balance lies between not wanting them to be concerned about you and showing that on any day you're feeling crap and needing a bit more help. And , as ratty says, keep posting your rants here !

As I've just mentioned on another thread, I've received confirmation of my decree absolute divorce this evening and as you would expect, this is a monumental moment for me, lids.

You've been there for me through thick and incredibly thin and I just wanted to extend my thanks and appreciation to the community for getting me this far. I'm not sure where I'd have been without the initial support and being able to come back here now and slot straight back in.

You're an amazing bunch of people and I'd be overjoyed and honoured to share a pint with the vast majority of you any day.

I am truly thankful - and I mean that.

The guidance, kind words, humour, brutal honesty, friendship and just plain old interest that I have been shown whenever I've darkened the doors of this forum has been a joy to behold. I can't begin to repay you all for that. This forum is an amazing place.

It might sound like hyperbole, but it's sincerely, sincerely meant.

As I've just mentioned on another thread, I've received confirmation of my decree absolute divorce this evening and as you would expect, this is a monumental moment for me, lids.

You've been there for me through thick and incredibly thin and I just wanted to extend my thanks and appreciation to the community for getting me this far. I'm not sure where I'd have been without the initial support and being able to come back here now and slot straight back in.

You're an amazing bunch of people and I'd be overjoyed and honoured to share a pint with the vast majority of you any day.

The guidance, kind words, humour, brutal honesty, friendship and just plain old interest that I have been shown whenever I've darkened the doors of this forum has been a joy to behold. I can't begin to repay you all for that. This forum is an amazing place.

Onward and upward mate ;)

You are on your way back DT me old mate.

It's a tough time mate, but I would say that if your at the decree absolute stage then the worst is behind you and it sounds like you're still in their kicking and fighting your way back. This time 15 years ago I had become a single parent to 3 teenagers, having to find extra mortgage , split half my pension , etc etc, worst sustained period of my life. Not an experience you would chose to go through but it shaped and improved me in many ways . Good luck, in time you'll look back on this period from a far better place than you're at now and have a far different perspective.

Divorce. Nasty experience that I can only imagine.

When it gets to this stage I find the words hard to say. There's the obvious 'well done' and 'time to move on', which are all correct & pertinent, but I can't help feel a little sad for you & your family. There's a reason you got together in the first place & it just seems sad that that can just go away.

Of course, I wish you well and I'm sure you can & will move on. Take care.;)

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back