Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

lost it with the wife this morning, she stormed out off to work, just feel so alone and angry.

I think given your circumstances mate, that she will forgive you for any mood swings.

I don't know what meds you are on mate, but if you're not taking a sedative, I'd strongly recommend them. There's a lot of misconceptions about sedatives - they turn you into a zombie etc. But used correctly they are wonderful. They'll take the edge of the anxiety and hopefully counteract the anger and fear that you're feeling.

Give her a big hug when she comes home mate x

lost it with the wife this morning, she stormed out off to work, just feel so alone and angry.

She will be feeling exactly the same at work,get some rest,relax and make it up to her when she gets home,or think about what you are going to say and give her a phone through the day if she's able to take your call,either way she'll understand,she will be all over the place aswell coming from another angle.

As I've just mentioned on another thread, I've received confirmation of my decree absolute divorce this evening and as you would expect, this is a monumental moment for me, lids.

You've been there for me through thick and incredibly thin and I just wanted to extend my thanks and appreciation to the community for getting me this far. I'm not sure where I'd have been without the initial support and being able to come back here now and slot straight back in.

You're an amazing bunch of people and I'd be overjoyed and honoured to share a pint with the vast majority of you any day.

I am truly thankful - and I mean that.

The guidance, kind words, humour, brutal honesty, friendship and just plain old interest that I have been shown whenever I've darkened the doors of this forum has been a joy to behold. I can't begin to repay you all for that. This forum is an amazing place.

It might sound like hyperbole, but it's sincerely, sincerely meant.
Divorce is a toughie for everyone I think. 30 years now since mine and the blackest days of my adult life. Went on to live a full and happy life - wasn't quite the same ever again but it didn't stop me living a full life. Found love again.

In more recent times, my work has been very stressful - damaging to my physical health even. So went to the GP and had a round of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. That was in January. Was discharged a month ago and now can put all my problems into perspective and cope far better. Not that I say 'cope'......problems are still there and are difficult but what's changed is my ability to deal with them.

Guess what I'm trying to say is that life will always be a struggle of some sort. But it's our perception of that struggle that makes it painful or anxiety-inducing. My therapist taught me to stop wishing for the problem to be solved and start to work on my willingness to live with it and give my self permission to enjoy days, friends, music and all the other tiny shards of sunlight that shine in every day. (Even Everton results sometimes).

The answer usually lies within ourselves.

So I hope the pain of your breakup becomes bearable soon and that you can carry on with your life as best you can. You're not alone. And you have the capacity to master this period of your life. Don't give in to despair - you deserve better.

Divorce is a toughie for everyone I think. 30 years now since mine and the blackest days of my adult life. Went on to live a full and happy life - wasn't quite the same ever again but it didn't stop me living a full life. Found love again.

In more recent times, my work has been very stressful - damaging to my physical health even. So went to the GP and had a round of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. That was in January. Was discharged a month ago and now can put all my problems into perspective and cope far better. Not that I say 'cope'......problems are still there and are difficult but what's changed is my ability to deal with them.

Guess what I'm trying to say is that life will always be a struggle of some sort. But it's our perception of that struggle that makes it painful or anxiety-inducing. My therapist taught me to stop wishing for the problem to be solved and start to work on my willingness to live with it and give my self permission to enjoy days, friends, music and all the other tiny shards of sunlight that shine in every day. (Even Everton results sometimes).

The answer usually lies within ourselves.

So I hope the pain of your breakup becomes bearable soon and that you can carry on with your life as best you can. You're not alone. And you have the capacity to master this period of your life. Don't give in to despair - you deserve better.

Phenomenal advice mate. Absolutely amazing response to the situation and I'll take a lot of what you've said on board. Thank you,so very much.

Greatly appreciated

I often find myself tending to get angriest with those I love the most, in the moment - though not intentionally... obviously. Actually ocassionally I can literally explode in the space of a couple minutes, like a switch or trigger was hit in something - one unknown to anyone else but those closest.

Somehow everything, even really little problems in every day life can become somewhat bottled up (for me at least) and, I found it helps a little by just sort of announcing you are in a bad mood, even to just yourself, prior to a point where you could feel potentially 'losing it'.

We are all here for you pal, as you are for us/me - perhaps getting some more niggles out on here will cool things down.

image.webp

The mental health charity - Mind are running a campaign called - Find the Words.

This is to assist people who are suffering mental health problems and have never seen a GP before, It's a step by step guide about how to initailly make the first appointment to see their GP and what the process should be after that. They have produced an online guide and also a hard copy.

This is in recognition of the fact that men in particular find it incredibly difficult to make that first step to getting help and to hopefully take the fear factor away from it.

It can be found at - mind.org.uk>findthewords

Another stressful day with my boss. Sending lots of emails talking about things that I haven't been told about previously, wanting me to action stuff based on this "knowledge" I don't have, and then patronising me/ being short when I ask what they're talking about. Incredibly frustrating.

Another stressful day with my boss. Sending lots of emails talking about things that I haven't been told about previously, wanting me to action stuff based on this "knowledge" I don't have, and then patronising me/ being short when I ask what they're talking about. Incredibly frustrating.

Does everybody else get the same treatment ?

Bullying ?

As said above by @COYBL25, is it just you Flippa?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back