2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly mate it's frustrating my lad works overtime all the time to every game so I get a bit upset maybe too much.. feckin everton
I get that footy has become expensive, mate, and not for the better for us punters. I know season ticket holders who fly in from Dublin every game at GP (and some aways) generally stopping over. If they were making wrong calls or creating issues I'd expect them to be called out. Hopefully your lad will get to see the good times again soon though as this situation is bad for fans and players alike.

I'd love to hear the 2 physios opinion on not making the call to sub him.

There was definitely a talk about bringing him off about 9-10 minutes before he did as Sky commentators got wind of it but it didn't happen.

I thought it was real negligence on our part, unacceptable negligence tbh and the fella (DCL) has took a lot of crap because of it

There was definitely a talk about bringing him off about 9-10 minutes before he did as Sky commentators got wind of it but it didn't happen.

I thought it was real negligence on our part, unacceptable negligence tbh and the fella (DCL) has took a lot of crap because of it

My guess is he didn't want to come off, initially, considering the past...and can you blame him.

No, I don’t go because I have better and more important things in life to do.

If it costs a lot of money and those that go struggle to afford it, then more fool them. No one is forcing them to be there, they make their own choice.

Bizarre mentality.
That is a strange response , if our fans didn't travel all around the country to support this club that they love. We would prob be talking 'National League' at this point..

It seems almost every level of this club is sub par

The thing is, imagine you're DCL. The lad Knows how much his injury's have affected us ( and him ) for the last few years.

Whatever has been said to him by Dyche/Physios about looking after himself on the pitch, it's never gonna happen.
The lad's gonna throw it all out there cos he will feel he owes us.

Today was just random bad luck, but he threw himself into that challenge , playing for pride and the shirt on his back.

He isn't walking off the pitch whatever pain he was in, unless forced. Cos the lad wants to show how much we mean to him.

So let's have this right, there's Evertonians who cbf protesting and booing the board who have left us in such a state that we are relying on DCL so badly, but they'll abuse the player and boo him off the park for being injured with a broken cheek?

That doesn't sit right with me. Get your priorities together, what a disgrace the fans were today.

Absolutely heartbreaking to see the lad receive so much abuse from some so-called supporters when it was clear that he did his utmost to continue.

It must have been so disheartening for him, especially given his fragile mental health situation.

We may be poor, but how will abusing our best players help us to play better?

So let's have this right, there's Evertonians who cbf protesting and booing the board who have left us in such a state that we are relying on DCL so badly, but they'll abuse the player and boo him off the park for being injured with a broken cheek?

That doesn't sit right with me. Get your priorities together, what a disgrace the fans were today.
Completely agree.

Shameful, embarrassing and counter-productive.

We only do well as a club when we are 100% united.

My lad went today he goes every away game he just said we had enough frustrating you can't slate away supporters they give up everything.what they see from the side of the pitch is not what you see on the tele .all they want to see is committed players like them as supporters. I go a few away games also.maybe a bit misjudged but come on our away lads give up everything and they /me expect the same ffs.dont you dare slag them off ffs
They aren't in the trenches in WW 1, they have chosen to buy a ticket for a sporting event, if you think that makes them beyond reproach then you have very low standards.

If they don't like it then they can simply not go, we have loads of fans who don't abuse injured players who would love a ticket to aways and a 13 odd thousand waiting list for season tickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back