2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love to hear the 2 physios opinion on not making the call to sub him.

There was definitely a talk about bringing him off about 9-10 minutes before he did as Sky commentators got wind of it but it didn't happen.

I thought it was real negligence on our part, unacceptable negligence tbh and the fella (DCL) has took a lot of crap because of it
I don't want to get into the expertise of something I don't have a clue in but I thought his eyes looked glazed and that he looked like he might throw up, the swelling on the cheekbone was immediate also. Perhaps someone with more knowledge can present mitigating factors for the staff involved, but like you I felt it was a bad look.

On one side, I do have respect for our supporters who travel away regularly, and in the past it was something we were held in high regard for.

But I find the argument that this gives them carte blanche to say and do what they want without reproach wrong, especially in terms of Dom yesterday.

Yes, they pay lots of money to support the blues and often get the rubbish end of the stick, inducing frustration, but booing a clearly injured player is indefensible.

In the past, I travelled away quite regularly and even then you could see some of the neanderthals within our ranks who'd come out with vile abuse.

People demand that players give everything for the shirt, yet on the other hand give them regular abuse. That's not going to work, is it?

They aren't in the trenches in WW 1, they have chosen to buy a ticket for a sporting event, if you think that makes them beyond reproach then you have very low standards.

If they don't like it then they can simply not go, we have loads of fans who don't abuse injured players who would love a ticket to aways and a 13 odd thousand waiting list for season tickets.
Absolutely mate, I’d love to do some aways but given up trying now, never see them get anywhere near ST holder only to be eligible to buy so just don’t look now.

Don’t begrudge any of them who go week in week out getting tickets before me at all , they deserve it but the superiority some of them have especially on Twitter as they go the aways annoys me and seems they feel it gives them the right to act how they want

Kopite behaviour that

I meant more in the bellend sense than what they actually do.
This kind of idiocy is why we will struggle to move forward, we point to them over the park instead of pointing inwards at ourselves and those running our club down. It’s exactly what certain people at the club want of course, the attention dragged away from them and something Kenwright hyped up over the years.

In the big scheme of things those over the park affect us directly two days a year, while those here affect us every damned day. get your heads from up your backsides and see the real enemy.

I’ll probably get dogs abuse and called a kopite now, that’s the way it goes when someone tried to speak common sense here isnt it?

On one side, I do have respect for our supporters who travel away regularly, and in the past it was something we were held in high regard for.

But I find the argument that this gives them carte blanche to say and do what they want without reproach wrong, especially in terms of Dom yesterday.

Yes, they pay lots of money to support the blues and often get the rubbish end of the stick, inducing frustration, but booing a clearly injured player is indefensible.

In the past, I travelled away quite regularly and even then you could see some of the neanderthals within our ranks who'd come out with vile abuse.

People demand that players give everything for the shirt, yet on the other hand give them regular abuse. That's not going to work, is it?

Yeah I think as a ticket buying supporter of any kind you have a right to get angry if the players are dogging it or humiliating you with sub standard performances

However, booing an injured player is beyond the pale and really crappy behaviour. Sadly some of our lot can be really entitled sometimes, as this shows

If anyone is defending the booing of DCL in any manner, then they're absolute twonks. And if I've offended any of you by posting that, then feel free to exercise the ignore function on this fine website

There's no defending it. There's no justifying it. You're just a pathetic pile of excrement

I’ve been the first to be critical about DCL’s availability (or lack of it).

However, yesterday I believe the medical team failed to protect him. He should have gone off straightaway. Can’t help thinking that the criticism about his availability played a part in him staying on… he didn’t want to be accused by the fans of jibbing out.

To hear he was abused when he eventually went off is disappointing, especially when he looked in a bad way.

Us fans need to tread very carefully. If this club goes under, I fear the toxicity from the fans will be blamed and those mainly culpable… board, players and managers will get a free ride.

It's mind bending that here, and other forums (and twitter) some fans are defending the jeers and boos aimed towards Calvert Lewin.

"we spend our money and we're frustrated."

Religiously going to every game, scrimping and saving to watch the team doesn't make you a superbloo if you're going along to moan at players who are trying.

DCL got injured because he's totally committed. With hindsight, it was reckless of him to attack a ball he was probably 30/70 to win.

Daft as it sounds, it's probably a blessing it's a facial injury and not another muscle issue.

Yeah I think as a ticket buying supporter of any kind you have a right to get angry if the players are dogging it or humiliating you with sub standard performances

However, booing an injured player is beyond the pale and really crappy behaviour. Sadly some of our lot can be really entitled sometimes, as this shows

If anyone is defending the booing of DCL in any manner, then they're absolute twonks. And if I've offended any of you by posting that, then feel free to exercise the ignore function on this fine website

There's no defending it. There's no justifying it. You're just a pathetic pile of excrement
This is my take on it too. If they want to defend it, they can k'off in my eyes. In a wider sense, I am becoming more and more disillusioned with our fan base.

There's too many racists, misogynists and down-right angry heads for my liking, who try to defend their actions by saying stuff like the players are paid this or that.

This isn't being frustrated, but rather just being idiots.

Wish I'd read this before I posted.

You expressed it better.

It really doesn't matter what the injury was, Calvert Lewin was coming of injured, he didn't want to be injured, even if it had been a recurrence of his quad injury,why boo him? I just think that ' we didn't know he had a facial injury and couldn't see the swelling' is a lame excuse.
It all seems to boil down to frustration and DCL has got the brunt.

There was a clear lack of communication from the club regarding his injury.

There is also the lack of strikers and club responsibility from the board.

The team were also atrocious yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back