2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone who boos a player who is coming off injured isn’t a proper fan in my eyes.

He got injured going into a heavy 50/50 and got a big whack. His vision was impaired and the swelling was pretty immediate.

Don’t care about how “boss” our away support is, no need to boo an injured player who has just put themselves on the line for the team.

This is my take on it too. If they want to defend it, they can k'off in my eyes. In a wider sense, I am becoming more and more disillusioned with our fan base.

There's too many racists, misogynists and down-right angry heads for my liking, who try to defend their actions by saying stuff like the players are paid this or that.

This isn't being frustrated, but rather just being idiots.

Folks like myself are kind of to blame as well, because I didn't challenge any of the gits doing it despite them being around me, partly because I don't want to deal with the hassle and partly because if it turned violent I'd almost assuredly end up on the losing end

Something has to be done where we self police a bit more though, because otherwise this sort of stuff is only going to get worse

Folks like myself are kind of to blame as well, because I didn't challenge any of the gits doing it despite them being around me, partly because I don't want to deal with the hassle and partly because if it turned violent I'd almost assuredly end up on the losing end

Something has to be done where we self police a bit more though, because otherwise this sort of stuff is only going to get worse
Aye, it's a difficult one because shamefully I think you'd be in the minority, or at least you wouldn't get the support you'd expect or require.

A good couple of years ago at the RS's place, Dom was getting absolute pelters from some lads near me - "Worst on the pitch, useless, rubbish".

Any objective fan knew it was fluffin' nonsense and likely fuelled by racism, so I asked if it was because he was black. They didn't like it, but it was true.

Shut them up thankfully, for a while, but it was not going to change them. I had someone sit near me at Goodison who would call Lukaku for everything.

Same thing - it was because he was black. Thankfully, quite a few of the people around us told him to do one. I think we're reverting back to the 90s!

Football has definitely become gentrified, we have more of the rough and ready type of supporter from the 70s and 80s. Rather than Sky Sports enjoy the greatest show in the world supporter.

Liverpool did a fan charter with expected etiquette. Not my scene really.

You're not batman Mikey, its not your responsibility. You can still take pride that you are not one of them.

I'd say it's time for him to move on now. He's been here too long with nothing good happening on the pitch, and it seems like his relationship with the fans is irreparably damaged.

Not sure why he was left on the pitch when that swelling was apparently straight away, either.

Aye, it's a difficult one because shamefully I think you'd be in the minority, or at least you wouldn't get the support you'd expect or require.

A good couple of years ago at the RS's place, Dom was getting absolute pelters from some lads near me - "Worst on the pitch, useless, rubbish".

Any objective fan knew it was fluffin' nonsense and likely fuelled by racism, so I asked if it was because he was black. They didn't like it, but it was true.

Shut them up thankfully, for a while, but it was not going to change them. I had someone sit near me at Goodison who would call Lukaku for everything.

Same thing - it was because he was black. Thankfully, quite a few of the people around us told him to do one. I think we're reverting back to the 90s!
racism behave will you , coleman keane have all had dogs abuse over the years was that racism too don’t know why people go over the top on this forum

No excuse whatsoever, but it's frustration caused by the performance and administration of our great club.
We are an absolute laughing stock and butt of everyone's jokes, we have fans from every tinpot club giving us grief and the newspapers and TV are full of haters.
Until we get rid of this management team and start to be run like a proper business again, it's only going to get worse.
Not just the fans at Villa btw, you only have to look through the pages of GOT to see the hatred and vitrial we spout on a daily basis.
I saw a headline this morning regarding Michael Keane and then we wonder why players go and sign for someone else.

Football has definitely become gentrified, we have more of the rough and ready type of supporter from the 70s and 80s. Rather than Sky Sports enjoy the greatest show in the world supporter.

Liverpool did a fan charter with expected etiquette. Not my scene really.
We’re not the only ones in the PL with ‘rough and ready’. The stop oil idiots tried to get onto the pitch in the olympic stadium with 20 odd minutes left. 3-4 of them. They got jumped on and roughed up for a few minutes before the stewards extricated them (took a while) and ejected them for their own safety. Morons are everywhere.

The fellas who are hurling are showing behavoural traits that most likely mean they are a general nightmare, i.e those types that have a few bevvys and get all gobby, be that at the match or a party or whatever. You have to feel for those around them.

Those lads thinking it was OK to barricade the streets around Goodison to try and get at players will be the types that feel they are enabled to do whatever they want because, they a super bloo, pay money so own the situation, delusions of being the big man who knows whats best etc. Trying to justify abusive behaviour, be that at the match, domestic or whatever is the sign of a low IQ, immature coward, IMO. @chicoazul has that section of our fans nailed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back