2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it’s frustration too. The same fans going week in week out are seeing the thing they love the most sleep walking into relegation and financial ruin, by the same people who’ve caused this. It’s natural anger will manifest as they care so deeply.
DCL was clearly a misplaced target and no one should be abused but his da has surely been around the game long enough to know that things boil over when you’ve spent money and travelled to watch your team simply capitulate.

He’s right to defend him but imo there’s no need to brag about his son “living the dream” when the folk in the stands are spending money some can barely afford to support a team that does nothing but let them down.

I ain't sure how old you are mate, but sadly I have - many times. In the 80s and 90s, it was quite common along with the comments about homosexuality et al.

Less so now, I will admit, however it still does happen. Only a few years ago, a gentleman near me in the LG called Lukaku an 'n-word' on a few occasions.

He was challenged, including by myself, but nobody ever filled him in. Thankfully, he was banned. I've heard it on the coaches to and from the away games.

But we aren't simply talking about overt prejudice here. Regularly identifying a certain player as lazy, when they're clearly not, while not suggesting others are...

... could be identified as prejudice when the only obvious factor is their race, is still discrimination. Whether it's conscious or subconscious, who knows.
ye in the 80s and 90s not now though i think your just looking for something that isn’t there onana schnderlin gordon etc all get that tag so it can’t be prejudice for one but not the other unless evertonains hate scousers aswell

you where talking about a match you were at not some idiot online , i’ll put my house on it that you haven’t once heard any of our fans at the match calling anyone of our players a monkey etc you’d have a que of fans waitin to jump on them, wasn’t there a huge flag in support of kean a couple of seasons ago ?
I've heard silver back, sweaty beard and some unrepeatable racial slurs at the game, in the pub and online. You are making yourself look like a fool by pretending its absolutely non-existent amongst evertonians.

ye in the 80s and 90s not now though i think your just looking for something that isn’t there onana schnderlin gordon etc all get that tag so it can’t be prejudice for one but not the other unless evertonains hate scousers aswell
But was Lukaku a lazy player? Did he justly get that quite common criticism over other players? That's the point people are trying to make.

I've heard players from Spain and whatnot being called a term beginning with s not so long ago. I've heard Son to be told to go back to his chippy just last year.

In regard to calling someone lazy, it's not the term being used, but rather how it's used and when compared to their peers. It isn't that difficult to understand.

I've heard silver back, sweaty beard and some unrepeatable racial slurs at the game, in the pub and online. You are making yourself look like a fool by pretending it’s absolutely non-existent amongst evertonians.
wot have i just said , i know there’s a problem online with faceless jarg twitter accounts etc but to me there not real fans just like when you go on online and see foreign man utd fans saying how greenwood should be reinstated and there no need to lie about hearing it at the match either which you are

wot have i just said , i know there’s a problem online with faceless jarg twitter accounts etc but to me there not real fans just like when you go on online and see foreign man utd fans saying how greenwood should be reinstated and there no need to lie about hearing it at the match either which you are
I can confirm I have also heard things at games.

I recall last time we went to Wembley the whole Everton pub singing a very racist song regarding Kevin Campbell.

To pretend that Everton, along with every club in the world, doesnt have an issue with racism is quite silly.

If you havent heard it, great, im happy for you, but I have.

No offence but is the extra letter here really too much.

The post I quoted was you stating that you would bet your house the lad has never heard a racist slur at the game, I have said that is not true in my case , I have certainly heard them. What @PhilM is talking about is a deeper rooted undercurrent to the point of being subconscious almost, I completely agree with him on this and was hinting at that in the Onana thread. The brick wall self defence mode you are putting back is the response I expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back