2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
No excuse whatsoever, but it's frustration caused by the performance and administration of our great club.
We are an absolute laughing stock and butt of everyone's jokes, we have fans from every tinpot club giving us grief and the newspapers and TV are full of haters.
Until we get rid of this management team and start to be run like a proper business again, it's only going to get worse.
Not just the fans at Villa btw, you only have to look through the pages of GOT to see the hatred and vitrial we spout on a daily basis.
I saw a headline this morning regarding Michael Keane and then we wonder why players go and sign for someone else.
The fellas who are hurling are showing behavoural traits that most likely mean they are a general nightmare, i.e those types that have a few bevvys and get all gobby, be that at the match or a party or whatever. You have to feel for those around them.

Those lads thinking it was OK to barricade the streets around Goodison to try and get at players will be the types that feel they are enabled to do whatever they want because, they a super bloo, pay money so own the situation, delusions of being the big man who knows whats best etc. Trying to justify abusive behaviour, be that at the match, domestic or whatever is the sign of a low IQ, immature coward, IMO. @chicoazul has that section of our fans nailed.
There is a lot of frustration because the club is not a big club any more. The players are not good enough, the board is woeful. Every week someone is getting abused. If it makes you so angry that you want to shout, swear and scream. Then that is not good for you. Stay home.

IMG_9673.webp

DCL’a dar.

Folks like myself are kind of to blame as well, because I didn't challenge any of the gits doing it despite them being around me, partly because I don't want to deal with the hassle and partly because if it turned violent I'd almost assuredly end up on the losing end

Something has to be done where we self police a bit more though, because otherwise this sort of stuff is only going to get worse

….we’re all different types, Mikey. We all care about our football club and some can’t contain their frustration at the DCL situation. it’s not an excuse for their behaviour, it’s a reason. Self policing won’t change them, it’s the way they are, often it’s the way they’re brought up.

….we’re all different types, Mikey. We all care about our football club and some can’t contain their frustration at the DCL situation. it’s not an excuse for their behaviour, it’s a reason. Self policing won’t change them, it’s the way they are, often it’s the way they’re brought up.
Football has changed, but Everton haven't it is now a middle class experience, a match is now an event.

Unfortunately, we are still old School and have fans that feel an obligation to go. An emotional attachment and react to it.

If I had a son or daughter that played I would sit in a box to watch and avoid any analysis by Sky tv, fans forum, or fan tv. Who needs the hassle?

racism behave will you , coleman keane have all had dogs abuse over the years was that racism too don’t know why people go over the top on this forum
Yes they have. But, have you ever heard of something called false equivalence? I don’t think I’ve seen them being called monkeys and what other racist terms.

I can’t remember a time Coleman has highlighted any anti-Irish (racist) comments against him. Iwobi, Onana and many others have, and have faced it.

In the game I mentioned, Dom was playing well and far better than others, but was being labelled lazy. I seem to remember Lukaku getting the same moniker.

You can put your head in the sand if you wish, however to pretend we don't have an issue within our fan base and why some get over criticised is naive, at best.

I don't have an issue with players being criticised if it's just, rather I do have an issue when some are either unjustly or over criticised because of racism.

Would Coleman have got booed yesterday if he was injured even though he's got a pretty bad injury record at the moment? Answers on a postcard.

This club, team, fans are now completely disfunctional, in fact has been since headlockgate and the fans stopping the players in the streets. It’s an absolute disgrace constantly perpetuated by idiots, on both sides, and yes I am calling the fans just as much as I’m calling the owners/board. It’s broke and will continue to be, maybe relegation will help, maybe it won’t but the damage is done and it will take as many years to fix off the pitch as it will on it

Yes they have. But, have you ever heard of something called false equivalence? I don’t think I’ve seen them being called monkeys and what other racist terms.

I can’t remember a time Coleman has highlighted any anti-Irish (racist) comments against him. Iwobi, Onana and many others have, and have faced it.

In the game I mentioned, Dom was playing well and far better than others, but was being labelled lazy. I seem to remember Lukaku getting the same moniker.

You can put your head in the sand if you wish, however to pretend we don't have an issue within our fan base and why some get over criticised is naive, at best.

I don't have an issue with players being criticised if it's just, rather I do have an issue when some are either unjustly or over criticised because of racism.

Would Coleman have got booed yesterday if he was injured even though he's got a pretty bad injury record at the moment? Answers on a postcard.
you where talking about a match you were at not some idiot online , i’ll put my house on it that you haven’t once heard any of our fans at the match calling anyone of our players a monkey etc you’d have a que of fans waitin to jump on them, wasn’t there a huge flag in support of kean a couple of seasons ago ?

you where talking about a match you were at not some idiot online , i’ll put my house on it that you haven’t once heard any of our fans at the match calling anyone of our players a monkey etc you’d have a que of fans waitin to jump on them, wasn’t there a huge flag in support of kean a couple of seasons ago ?
I ain't sure how old you are mate, but sadly I have - many times. In the 80s and 90s, it was quite common along with the comments about homosexuality et al.

Less so now, I will admit, however it still does happen. Only a few years ago, a gentleman near me in the LG called Lukaku an 'n-word' on a few occasions.

He was challenged, including by myself, but nobody ever filled him in. Thankfully, he was banned. I've heard it on the coaches to and from the away games.

But we aren't simply talking about overt prejudice here. Regularly identifying a certain player as lazy, when they're clearly not, while not suggesting others are...

... could be identified as prejudice when the only obvious factor is their race, is still discrimination. Whether it's conscious or subconscious, who knows.

Yesterday was just a freak accident, looked a painful one and he should of come off straight away.....however the fans deserve a little bit of slack. Different when you are at the game and you can't see what's happened on replays or zoomed in shots of injuries.

He's missed 46 games in two years so it's not really about ''staying bitter'' or wearing Stone Island gear but more everyone being absolutely sick to death of him being injured. He's 26, fast approaching his prime and he's an absolute sick note. We get to hear from his Dad about how he is living the dream all the while the fans are living a 'kin nightmare.

Weird one yesterday looked at the pictures looked like a cheekbone break, hopefully its not though.

Lad just doesn't have any luck at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back