2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't sell a player if they do not want to leave.

Your example of £150k on a 4 year deal = £30m wages to a striker that has scored 15 goals in the last 3 years combined. He'd be set for life, and we'd be paying an astronomical wage to a lad who offers next to nothing infront of goal. Feel I can safely say it will never ever happen...
It’s happening with Maupey and potentially could happen with Beto.
It’s the overall investment over the term on the contract that counts, not just what the player trousers.
I’d prefer the club to pick up a £15m player on £75k per week who will contribute more than 7 goals / season average, but it appear our track record suggests that’s easier said than done.

DCL will get it (or close too it) either this season or next when he leaves for free imho.

He probably searched his name on social and saw what Newcastle fans were saying and thought sod that.

Could fancy AC Milan?/move abroad?

Could think he's not long from commanding a big signing on fee/wage as a free agent?

Who knows. Still think if we can get a new deal signed, and some pace and ability around him then he'd be a big help next season.

When someone posts in the DCL or Patterson threads on here......

1000095504.jpg

It’s happening with Maupey and potentially could happen with Beto.
It’s the overall investment over the term on the contract that counts, not just what the player trousers.
I’d prefer the club to pick up a £15m player on £75k per week who will contribute more than 7 goals / season average, but it appear our track record suggests that’s easier said than done.

DCL will get it (or close too it) either this season or next when he leaves for free imho.
I agree with you that our track record of recruitment has been garbage - I dont trust 1 person at this club to recruit. Only we could struggle to find a striker who can't get more than 6 or 7 goals a year.

On a free at a Newcastle for example DCL would get somewhere towards that number as his ~£100k wage would be topped up by the £10/15/20m signing fee over the contract that would have otherwise been our transfer fee. Maybe that's what he plans to do, maybe Thelwell has tanked any transfer by wanting £35m. We'll have to wait and see.

Why would they, he's crap and now they don't need to sell Isak/Gordon to cover their PSR losses. DCL was only going there so we would help them with Minteh. Why would any team on the up want a striker like Calvert Lewin?

oh on that point

so if nobody else comes in for him

he’s gotta knuckle down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back