Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
DCL is exactly the type of striker that plays in Dyche's strengths.
Tall, pacey, good hold up target man. Can get on the end of crosses.

He is exactly what is needed for the main striker. Issue is he doesnt score that many and we just don't know if he'll break down again or whether he'll stay fit. It appears he may be over the sort of injury that kept him out.
There's a strange narrative emerging that paints him as having far more to his game than he actually does.

Like you say, his attributes are that of a perfect Dyche striker.

There's a strange narrative emerging that paints him as having far more to his game than he actually does.

Like you say, his attributes are that of a perfect Dyche striker.
Not really - the great Carlo knew how to play him at his best. It just so happens that EVERY other manager has also started DCL when possible

Not really - the great Carlo knew how to play him at his best. It just so happens that EVERY other manager has also started DCL when possible
As I've said before, I doubt it's a coincidence that the one period where he found his composure in front of goal came when the stadiums were empty.

Similar to Michael Keane's miraculous rise to mediocrity during that same season.

Because other players have been more injury prone?

Tbf, I agree. Last year his problem wasn't fitness or injury, it was form. His two seasons before last he struggled though.
Yeh, point taken. I am just trying to say that, aside from a bad spell of luck, cinrcumstance and the like, he has not been kow for injuries. People seem to fixate on the period where it all went against him rather than the before and after.

As I've said before, I doubt it's a coincidence that the one period where he found his composure in front of goal came when the stadiums were empty.

Similar to Michael Keane's miraculous rise to mediocrity during that same season.
Oh, so ignore the best manager in the history of the world being the reason and cite empty stadia! There is nothing that says to me DCL is a confidence player. Keane hides from the ball and gets rid asap - DCl ALWAYS wants the ball and always tries to do something with it

Yeh, point taken. I am just trying to say that, aside from a bad spell of luck, cinrcumstance and the like, he has not been kow for injuries. People seem to fixate on the period where it all went against him rather than the before and after.
Do they? I think it's just recency bias.

His injuries are more recent than his two seasons of double figures goals and so that's what people remember mostly.

The irony is, I do not actually care that much, I just get frustrated reading made up stuff about our players
Do they? I think it's just recency bias.

His injuries are more recent than his two seasons of double figures goals and so that's what people remember mostly.
It works both ways though. He sored 20 goals or whatever it was, then the next season he was inured and no one was fondly remembering the the 20 goals - they were straight on his case.

Oh, so ignore the best manager in the history of the world being the reason and cite empty stadia! There is nothing that says to me DCL is a confidence player. Keane hides from the ball and gets rid asap - DCl ALWAYS wants the ball and always tries to do something with it
Do you really think it reflects well on him if we agree that he can only score at a respectable rate when receiving direct instructions from the best manager ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back