2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.

"However, in what was a late twist, Telegraph Sport revealed that talks collapsed after Newcastle could not find a buyer for Wilson, and any deal to take Calvert-Lewin to the North East was swiftly dismissed."

So it wasnt DCL that tanked the Newcastle move, it looks like Newcastle pulled out.
I wouldn't trust a Newcastle report on the weather never mind this. They somehow managed to brief the media that they offered Gordon to Liverpool, and that Liverpool had tapped him up at the same time.

I feel the longer it drags on, the more it’s looking likely he won’t sign a new deal but we’ll see.
You're not wrong, but it's also not an overly complicated situation. He either moves in this window, or the winter window, or goes on a free, or signs a new deal at some point. Either he's made his mind up, or there are a lot of factors in his thinking about what to do next (ie. new owners aims, will Dyche be here). He loses absolutely nothing by taking as long as he wants to decide.

I find it hard to believe we'll tell him "sign or the contract is off the table" - the club clearly want to keep him or they wouldn't have offered a new deal. We should be no stranger to players seeing out their contracts and moving on if they so decide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back