Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
What abuse exactly is he getting btw?

The vast majority of comments are either 1) hope he stays 2) if he doesn't sign a new contract we should sell him
You are either blind or ignorant if you can’t see the constant grief he gets on here. His professionalism is repeatedly called into question and there are constant comments about fashion shoots etc.

In all seriousness, I wonder if Dom is waiting for Don Carlo to offer him the chance to do the Joselu role aka "the plodder" at Real Madrid? Coming off the bench, with a few starts of course, to score 10 a season? Stuff of dreams for Dom, I'd imagine.
It's utter nonsense imo, managers/coaches at Madrid get zero say in which players come into the club under Perez.

The odd joke about fashion shoots is fine, but pretending that some on here haven’t/don’t take it beyond that is laughable on your part

but you said "constant" abuse, and then referenced fashion shoot jokes as the example,

other members of this squad get well more stick than DCL does.

but you said "constant" abuse, and then referenced fashion shoot jokes as the example,

They don't get booed for breaking their face though.

I get both sides of what is being said mind but booing him for putting his body on the line is ridiculous.

At times dom does deserve some grief just as much as anyone else in the team does but like certain players does bring something that no other striker can to the team. Goal count could improve of course but his all round game would be hard to replace

DCL got worse stick in his first 18 months than he has since. As is always the case with our fans they tend to abuse English players but worship foreign players who actually contribute much less.

If we go into the new stadium in the Premier league an he plays a part in that like has keeping us up etc then he's paid us more then we would get selling him in my opinion

They don't get booed for breaking their face though.

I get both sides of what is being said mind but booing him for putting his body on the line is ridiculous.

At times dom does deserve some grief just as much as anyone else in the team does but like certain players does bring something that no other striker can to the team. Goal count could improve of course but his all round game would be hard to replace

yes the villa thing was bad, but I'm sure if you ask the people there about it now theyd say they regret it, didnt someone who attended the game say on here he was part of it and said they all thought he was just going off injured like he always does, without knowing the extent of the injury? built up frustration with the lad that game i think.

anyway that was a long time ago now, we all need to look to the future, and the main point should be IF he is unwilling to sign a new contract we should take whatever we can for him, under no circumstances should we allow him to run his contract down so he can pick up a massive signing on fee elsewhere

yes the villa thing was bad, but I'm sure if you ask the people there about it now theyd say they regret it, didnt someone who attended the game say on here he was part of it and said they all thought he was just going off injured like he always does, without knowing the extent of the injury? built up frustration with the lad that game i think.

anyway that was a long time ago now, we all need to look to the future, and the main point should be IF he is unwilling to sign a new contract we should take whatever we can for him, under no circumstances should we allow him to run his contract down so he can pick up a massive signing on fee elsewhere
Don't disagree mate but he could also be useful to get through to the new stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back