Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
DCL got worse stick in his first 18 months than he has since. As is always the case with our fans they tend to abuse English players but worship foreign players who actually contribute much less.

Is that really true? Maupay. Tosun. Niasse. Sigurdsson. Rondon. Schneiderlin....and thats just off the top of my head. All of the above got dogs abuse.
Calvert lewin wasnt rated at all by a large majority of Everton at first that is very true. Championship player i can still recall was the call. Everything changed in a 10-15 game spell under ancelotti during covid. Without that spell i doubt the how good is calvert lewin debate would even exist.

but you said "constant" abuse, and then referenced fashion shoot jokes as the example,

other members of this squad get well more stick than DCL does.
I referenced the lightest part of the comments that are made. But it happens daily and usually said as a “joke” while insinuating something else. And it’s been going on for over a year now about him with numerous arguments in this thread because of it. So don’t act like it’s a one off/rarely happens because it really isn’t.

It’s like people who make jokes about racism etc but quantify it as “jokes”. It’s still racist, and acting like it’s ok because it’s a joke just normalises it.

I was wondering why I had you on ignore, but I remember it was some misogynistic comment. Shocker

Last edited:

I referenced the lightest part of the comments that are made. But it happens daily and usually said as a “joke” while insinuating something else. And it’s been going on for over a year now about him with numerous arguments in this thread because of it. So don’t act like it’s a one off/rarely happens because it really isn’t.

It’s like people who make jokes about racism etc but quantify it as “jokes”. It’s still racist, and acting like it’s ok because it’s a joke just normalises it.

I was wondering why I had you on ignore, but I remember it was some misogynistic comment. Shocker

not everyone gets offended by fashion show jokes you absolute plant pot, and now your comparing it to racism? honest to good mate you need to get out of your mars box room.

put me back on ignore please, propa kopite offended by everything.

not everyone gets offended by fashion show jokes you absolute plant pot, and now your comparing it to racism? honest to good mate you need to get out of your mars box room.

put me back on ignore please, propa kopite offended by everything.
I’m not comparing it to racism, you’ve missed the point. It was about the jokes. Could be racist jokes, homophobic jokes or any jokes which include a certain characteristic. And as many of the comments about fashion shoots have lead down a line of misogyny and homophobia within this thread, that was the point I was making.

You’ve been upset by him for months/if not longer and have camped in his thread all season having a go at him about anything and everything.

Someone calls you out on your backwards views so they are a kopite? Good one.

I’m not comparing it to racism, you’ve missed the point. It was about the jokes. Could be racist jokes, homophobic jokes or any jokes which include a certain characteristic. And as many of the comments about fashion shoots have lead down a line of misogyny and homophobia within this thread, that was the point I was making.

You’ve been upset by him for months/if not longer and have camped in his thread all season having a go at him about anything and everything.

Someone calls you out on your backwards views so they are a kopite? Good one.

Saying "it's like" isn't comparing it ahahahah ok mate.

Have a good weekend boss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back