2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
There will always remain something special in Evertons number 9 for me.

Sure we have had some good 10s as well, but growing up, watching Sharp, then Dunc, theres something about a big number 9 leading the line, scoring goals.

Then you had clowns like Kone who sullied it.
1721682824532.png

I doubt he would have cared, he would probably start DMing people asking them to meet for a scrap.
When you bring it back to DCL, footballing wise there's a lot to compare between him and Dunc's careers, and I think the reason one is loved and the other polarizing simply comes down to them needing their number 9 to be a strong masculine figure, which is sad to see in 2024. If Dunc went off with a broken cheekbone he'd be cheered, not booed.

When you bring it back to DCL, footballing wise there's a lot to compare between him and Dunc's careers, and I think the reason one is loved and the other polarizing simply comes down to them needing their number 9 to be a strong masculine figure, which is sad to see in 2024. If Dunc went off with a broken cheekbone he'd be cheered, not booed.
As I say, people mind their minds up about DCL a long time ago, aint nobody changing their mind at this point.

There was a brilliant striker somewhere in there, but there was also a walking red card and attitude problem preventing it from showing up sadly.

Like obviously he could head the ball like nobody's business, but he also had some great technical touches for some goals that would be highlight reels for any top striker, and he did those several times it seems. My dad's favourite player from those days as well, I was sadly a bit too young to see/remember him in his prime. A good trip:

(Wimbledon and 1 of the United goals are top drawer stuff among others)

And yet, he's famous outside of our fanbase for a few of those headers, several red cards and making Jimmy Bullard crap his pants. Makes you wonder.

There was a brilliant striker somewhere in there, but there was also a walking red card and attitude problem preventing it from showing up sadly.

Like obviously he could head the ball like nobody's business, but he also had some great technical touches for some goals that would be highlight reels for any top striker, and he did those several times it seems. My dad's favourite player from those days as well, I was sadly a bit too young to see/remember him in his prime. A good trip:

(Wimbledon and 1 of the United goals are top drawer stuff among others)

And yet, he's famous outside of our fanbase for a few of those headers, several red cards and making Jimmy Bullard crap his pants. Makes you wonder.

He gave us hope when all hope was lost.

Sure, his goal scoring record was poor, his injury record was poor and of course he loved to get sent off, but he was ours, we loved him and he loved us.

On one hand, it's grim.

On the other, it's entertaining how these absolute nothing rumours with no evidence, started by a WHam fan randomly on twitter, have gained traction and have swayed public opinion on him for some even harder than the whole clothing thing :lol: Hope we start one for someone else, maybe Onana left cuz he wanted 200k a week?
Ashley Young will only commit to 2 more years if we pay him £180k plus image rights.

I hate this line of thinking.

The division between DCL and the fan base happened when he had one good season and started doing interviews for gq magazine and such talking about how hes going to move to a CL team.

He isnt one of us and he doesnt care about everton, this is just a job to him which is fine.

We dont love him because he doesnt love us. Was the same with lukaku who was 10x the striker DCL is. At least when lukaku made his bed he was happy to lie in it. Where now DCL is cryarsing about how he doesnt have a song. When the only reason hes here is because he got injured and couldnt get a transfer.

Personally i think the lad is a good player and by far our best striker right now but hes the one who created the cracks with the fanbase to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back