2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate this line of thinking.

The division between DCL and the fan base happened when he had one good season and started doing interviews for gq magazine and such talking about how hes going to move to a CL team.

He isnt one of us and he doesnt care about everton, this is just a job to him which is fine.

We dont love him because he doesnt love us. Was the same with lukaku who was 10x the striker DCL is. At least when lukaku made his bed he was happy to lie in it. Where now DCL is cryarsing about how he doesnt have a song. When the only reason hes here is because he got injured and couldnt get a transfer.

Personally i think the lad is a good player and by far our best striker right now but hes the one who created the cracks with the fanbase to begin with.
When did he talk about moving to a CL team? I hate to break it to you, but none of them are one of us. Happy to be wrong, but I don't think DCL has cryarsed about not having a song?

DONT you DARE come for Dunc!!

Some of us just like our number 9s.

Dixie, Sharp, Dunc, DCL.

There will always remain something special in Evertons number 9 for me.

Sure we have had some good 10s as well, but growing up, watching Sharp, then Dunc, theres something about a big number 9 leading the line, scoring goals.

Then you had clowns like Kone who sullied it.

As ive said, I hope DCL moves on this Summer, then hopefully in a few years Everton can get another Number 9 I can support.

Everton invented the Number 9!

In the 1933 FA Cup Final against Manchester City, Dean became the first ever footballer to wear the number 9 shirt.
A number 9 Leading the line, scoring goals.
Did somebody forget to tell DCL.

Ferguson = 60 in 239
DCL = 54 in 214

Exact same goals per game ratio.
Not sure your point....both are/were overrated as footballers. One had a better connection with the fans.

It’s all nonsense.
How can there be a rallying cry about number 9’s with such a glaring omission as The Latch?

Not sure your point....both are/were overrated as footballers. One had a better connection with the fans.

It’s all nonsense.
How can there be a rallying cry about number 9’s with such a glaring omission as The Latch?
Because our centre forward currently represents the level of Everton FC, as Duncan did back in his time; relegation battlers with a 1 in 4 striker, and no money to replace him with better. Older Everton fans fail to grasp this and still look on our side as being able to relive the glory days of the 80s, and chastise our centre forward for daring to talk to fashion magazines because Sharpey wouldn't have.

God I miss Rom and all his imperfections; but he's just not the same, compared to those early days. A real handful.

ipbU8PNGB3JOb.gif

Because our centre forward currently represents the level of Everton FC, as Duncan did back in his time; relegation battlers with a 1 in 4 striker, and no money to replace him with better. Older Everton fans fail to grasp this and still look on our side as being able to relive the glory days of the 80s, and chastise our centre forward for daring to talk to fashion magazines because Sharpey wouldn't have.
You do realise we had only a brief spell of magnificence in the mid 80’s and that us “older Evertonians” saw a huge amount of dross both before and after that period? I’m guessing you never saw the likes of Brett Angel, Alan Biley, Mick Madar, Stuart Barlow, John Spencer, Mick Ferguson.
Why, when anyone challenges DCL’s poor scoring record does somebody wheel out the ‘Old da’s and skirts’ bollocks?

You do realise we had only a brief spell of magnificence in the mid 80’s and that us “older Evertonians” saw a huge amount of dross both before and after that period? I’m guessing you never saw the likes of Brett Angel, Alan Biley, Mick Madar, Stuart Barlow, John Spencer, Mick Ferguson.
Why, when anyone challenges DCL’s poor scoring record does somebody wheel out the ‘Old da’s and skirts’ bollocks?
You guessed wrong.

When you bring it back to DCL, footballing wise there's a lot to compare between him and Dunc's careers, and I think the reason one is loved and the other polarizing simply comes down to them needing their number 9 to be a strong masculine figure, which is sad to see in 2024. If Dunc went off with a broken cheekbone he'd be cheered, not booed.
Dunc never got broken cheekbones, only the players who played against him did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.