2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Id like him to stay , think we look a lot better with him in the team but we cant let him run his contract down if hes not staying get what ever we can for him 10-15 million we cant carry on losing money like that it has to change
Here's the crux of the matter though, we look far better with him in the team because the team is set around having him in the team.

With another starting cf it may be a lot different

More in jest than anything. However, if you want to wear the number 9 shirt, you need to score goals and it is this and only this that matters. His problem is that he hasn’t been doing it. In six of his eight years at the club he hasn’t managed more than 8 per year in all competitions…..
Good point Pete, my brother as you probably know does pieces for RBM, mainly analytical ones, DCL on his expected goals stats is f ing woeful., he's a target man they others feed on, as an isolated number 9 he's awful.

Does he refer to himself as the Archbishop of Banterbury?

West Ham are so irrelevant they have the word ‘London’ on their badge so people know where they’re from.
And don't even have their own Stadium, Instead they use one ( Also with London in the name )

Here's the crux of the matter though, we look far better with him in the team because the team is set around having him in the team.

We've had the pleasure of having other CF's start, but the common denominator here is Dyche, who sets up his teams around a specific forward, which DCL happens to fit to a tee.

We could have Maupay up front and we'd still launch it forward - in fact, this has actually happened, as sad as it is.

Not as slander on Dyche or anything for this one, he has his preferred ugly style, whatever, but the team isn't so much built around DCL as it is built around a "tall, athletic forward who will go up against grocks for long balls for 90 minutes", which DCL is.

We've had the pleasure of having other CF's start, but the common denominator here is Dyche, who sets up his teams around a specific forward, which DCL happens to fit to a tee.

We could have Maupay up front and we'd still launch it forward - in fact, this has actually happened, as sad as it is.

Aye that's the biggest worry about DCL going for me, we'd not adjust strategy at all.

Aye that's the biggest worry about DCL going for me, we'd not adjust strategy at all.
I mean hopefully we will, but I'm putting it in the same hopium category as "we'll get attacking full backs and we'll start going forward consistently", and imho both have a very low chance of being true.

agreed my main point was off loading him if he has no intention of staying we need to either get him to sign even a 1 year extension of off load even if its half the cost of what we value him at in the last 7 years to many players have left by just running there contracts down i wonder how many clubs have had the same numbers like we have ?

agreed my main point was off loading him if he has no intention of staying we need to either get him to sign even a 1 year extension of off load even if its half the cost of what we value him at in the last 7 years to many players have left by just running there contracts down i wonder how many clubs have had the same numbers like we have ?

Rs are in the same boat with Trent at the moment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.