2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never? He has literally done it twice for us.

Then we had 2 managers who rushed him back from injuries and caused setbacks.

Dyche has brought him back properly and he has managed to stay fit, albeit without the goals until the end of the season when things started clicking for him.

No he hasnt. He hit 16 in the covid season. His best other is 13. Not sure where literally comes in. Those two apart he hasnt got close to double figures in his Everton career.
Id possibly keep him because the club hasnt a bean to go out and replace. If it wasnt for that this notion he'd be hard to replace is far fetched. By hook or crook, injuries or poor finishing, we cant get a consistent season.

No he hasnt. He hit 16 in the covid season. His best other is 13. Not sure where literally comes in. Those two apart he hasnt got close to double figures in his Everton career.
Id possibly keep him because the club hasnt a bean to go out and replace. If it wasnt for that this notion he'd be hard to replace is far fetched. By hook or crook, injuries or poor finishing, we cant get a consistent season.
15 and then 21.

15 and then 21.

i was refering to premier league.
As an Everton fan who doesnt care who it is i hope we're not here again next season with this patchy content. We had the injury seasons. He played almost all of it last season and scored 5 from open play.
I cant get my head around Everton fans who at least dont want to strive for a bit better than that.

i was refering to premier league.
As an Everton fan who doesnt care who it is i hope we're not here again next season with this patchy content. We had the injury seasons. He played almost all of it last season and scored 5 from open play.
I cant get my head around Everton fans who at least dont want to strive for a bit better than that.
I was referring to all competitive fixtures so I was correct in my use of “literally” as original poster just said “season”.

His return this season was poor, and he missed some great chances and I do expect better finishing. But he offers much more than that to the team, and in the style we play, his aerial success and hold up play is excellent and not easily replaced for what little money we have.

We spent 25m on Beto but we look appalling trying to play him up top with these tactics.

I don’t see how him dressing as a school girl helps anyone, it looked like sexualising children to me and is absolutely not something I will ever support. I wonder why you do?

Page 84 onwards is a sight to behold
This is the greatest website in the world. It’s like we have a community full of script writers and they go for the most insane plot twists ever.

You know why you’re here, and it’s for the aggro.

Well you're certainly putting up an argument there are no other alternatives.
Fingers crossed if he's still here we can get a chunk of consistency for the season. Not a few games at the end of it.
Haven’t said there’s no other alternatives or made that argument at all.

I’ve said it will be hard to replace what else he offers the team when we are supposedly skint and have already spent 25m on Beto who doesn’t fit the style we currently play.

And I personally can’t see Dyche changing that style anytime soon.

None of which says there’s no other alternatives. I don’t have much faith in our scouting system though based off most of the striker signings in the last 15/20 years.

Last edited:
This is the greatest website in the world. It’s like we have a community full of script writers and they go for the most insane plot twists ever.

You know why you’re here, and it’s for the aggro.
I think big dcahill17 got a ban after going racist. Bit of a surprising turn of events I must say given their progressive posting style.

Not sure if there’s a link here

I think big dcahill17 got a ban after going racist. Bit of a surprising turn of events I must say given their progressive posting style.

Not sure if there’s a link here
Crikey! Are you suggesting there’s a link between those who have the most callous views, shout the loudest and perpetuate wanton hate with posters on grand old team dot com slash forum who have the most scorn for Dominic Calvert-Lewin pal?

Haven’t said there’s no other alternatives.

I’ve said it will be hard to replace what else he offers when we are supposedly skint and have already spent 25m on Beto who doesn’t fit the style we currently play. And I personally can’t see Dyche changing that style anytime soon.

Basically all ive ever said about him all the time. Dyche isnt great for strikers but chris wood got into double figures for him at Burnley.
I dont expect miracles from calvert lewin. But i do expect more than 5 goals from open play in a full season from any forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back