Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sign or sell - that simple really.

Be arsed having him here willing running down his contract..
Exactly that, and it goes for all players nowadays. If a player can`t agree terms on a deal before the last season of their contract, can clubs really rely on them giving their all when there is a chance they have one eye on a possible move to another club? Between transfer fee, signing on fee, wages and bonuses, players take so much money out of football its no wonder so many clubs are in financial difficulty.

Still plenty of time in the window for him to go - if he doesn't want to be here then better he does.

Him and Holgate are the only two left from that crop with Davies and JJ Kenny having left.

Off Topic
But it didn’t happen, because if it did we would have ended the season with 10 point deduction from a single case

Which we didn’t; because the process allows appeals. Since that time previous case issues have been used to determine a framework for punishment (which you said won’t happen because it’s now a legal case lol). And as such, no club will receive more than administration

So, again please try again without saying “but we got 10 points” and comeback when a club gets a deduction more than 8 points

We’ll all be waiting

"Without using the actual example of when a team was issued with a 10 point deduction. Prove that a team can get more then 8"

This is getting a bit sad now tbh. Youre just blatantly ignoring evidence that proves your wrong because it doesnt suit your opinion.

Regardless of whether the results of the appeal overturned the ruling of the previous commission it still happened.

Aslo proving that their are judges that will ignore president and rule for maximum pts deduction. As well as the fact we havent seen anyone have a massive psr breach.

According to you we ended up receiving a 10pts reduced to 6pts for a £20m breach. So if someone went over by £150m theyed only recive a extra 2pts deduction?

And this was posted today about Newcastle

Don't bemoan the guy potentially wanting a move. Maybe he just fancies something different, he's been here a while now. Getting booed off the pitch with a broken face probably hasn't helped. It also cuts both ways - he could sign and then get injured again (not at all inconceivable given his past) and we end up with him like Gbamin or Dele, earning good money and not playing. I don't imagine there are that many clubs that would pay what we'd want for him at the moment, and leaving on a free opens up lots of options home and abroad (if he can stay fit, it's a risk for him not signing too). All this talk about loyalty and owing us something is pretty meaningless.

Don't bemoan the guy potentially wanting a move. Maybe he just fancies something different, he's been here a while now. Getting booed off the pitch with a broken face probably hasn't helped. It also cuts both ways - he could sign and then get injured again (not at all inconceivable given his past) and we end up with him like Gbamin or Dele, earning good money and not playing. I don't imagine there are that many clubs that would pay what we'd want for him at the moment, and leaving on a free opens up lots of options home and abroad (if he can stay fit, it's a risk for him not signing too). All this talk about loyalty and owing us something is pretty meaningless.
I’m all for him moving on - we need to not let players leave for nothing and the sooner we can get a replacement in the better.

If I’ve read correctly, we had a swap deal in place with Newcastle which broke down with his pacjage unable to be agreed upon.

I would love to know what his wage demands were that made Newcastle baulk.

I’m all for him moving on - we need to not let players leave for nothing and the sooner we can get a replacement in the better.

If I’ve read correctly, we had a swap deal in place with Newcastle which broke down with his pacjage unable to be agreed upon.

I would love to know what his wage demands were that made Newcastle baulk.

Wouldn't shock me if they were trying to make it appearance-based considering his injury record. That combined with Isak and others potentially ahead of him would make it a non-starter.

Off Topic
"Without using the actual example of when a team was issued with a 10 point deduction. Prove that a team can get more then 8"

This is getting a bit sad now tbh. Youre just blatantly ignoring evidence that proves your wrong because it doesnt suit your opinion.

Regardless of whether the results of the appeal overturned the ruling of the previous commission it still happened.

Aslo proving that their are judges that will ignore president and rule for maximum pts deduction. As well as the fact we havent seen anyone have a massive psr breach.

According to you we ended up receiving a 10pts reduced to 6pts for a £20m breach. So if someone went over by £150m theyed only recive a extra 2pts deduction?

And this was posted today about Newcastle

That article is someone’s opinion mate, and not fact.

The evidence is there, it’s a trail from our initial punishment, to Forest to our appeal and then our second punishment. It’s all there in black and white

And yes, no matter the breach it will be capped at 8 points. Or, they may decide on 8 points plus a transfer ban, or 8 points and a fine. No team will be deducted more than 8 for breaching something that is not as detrimental as administration

Accept it and stop derailing this thread.

joking aren’t you mate never mind what’s best for him it’s what’s best for us , he could sign the contract and still get a move least then we’d get some money for him , money which would help us out big time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back