Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Match Thread Everton 0-0 Newcastle - Saturday 5th October - 17:30

Your Everton MOTM

• Total voters
Did the defender touch the ball no, did he stop the striker from shooting, yes. Sick of hearing that, but if it's Everton it's okay. Of course it was a pen, could you see Liverpool Man United not getting that ? Pathetic decision, but what do you really expect.
It’s madness…. It’s a penalty all day and I guarantee the slag 6 teams plus horse punchers get that.

Annoys me this penalty decision…. This is of course not the drink talking…. But could anyone honestly say that if that was Salah, Haaland, Saka, even Gordon… the decision would be the same.

I don’t think it would.
Instantly given with no need for review and all the commentators looking at the replays and going "yeah definite penalty".

E: Gordon was favoured for every whistle today too, 'shockingly'.

Annoys me this penalty decision…. This is of course not the drink talking…. But could anyone honestly say that if that was Salah, Haaland, Saka, even Gordon… the decision would be the same.

I don’t think it would.

Exactly the agenda would change to.."there was definite contact" don't get me wrong we did not deserve to win, but rules are rules..for some teams.

Instantly given with no need for review and all the commentators looking at the replays and going "yeah definite penalty".

E: Gordon was favoured for every whistle today too, 'shockingly'.
Exactly… slipped a couple of times on the turn on the half way line and ref gave free kicks.

Even since he joined the barcodes you can clearly see a different way of talking about him

Exactly the agenda would change to.."there was definite contact" don't get me wrong we did not deserve to win, but rules are rules..for some teams.
Agree football and the chances we did not deserve, but come on give us some calls and give us a chance.

Ref gave nothing our way… we need to make sure Pawson never manages an Everton home game (at least) again.

Problem isn't this - you can consider them a good team if you want, whatever.

Problem is the setup will be pretty identical against Ipswich too. Or anyone else.
Who we are playing is irrelevant. Have you seen the best back four we can put out on the pitch at the moment? And how much our slow and relatively inexperienced midfield have to help them out?

Our playing style is a function of our squad. How many of our team would get a regular game for ANY other premiership team? (Apart from Pickford), let alone playing them all together.

Who we are playing is irrelevant. Have you seen the best back four we can put out in the pitch at the moment? And how much our slow and relatively inexperienced midfield have to help them out?

Our playing style is a function of our squad. How many of our team would get a regular game for ANY other premiership team? (Apart from Pickford), let alone playing them all together.
Yes, yes, these players have never seen a ball in their lives and haven't even played football until a few months ago, we all know that. I mean it's not true and they can play for a better organised team above us in the league no problem (just like how Onana was useless, crap, pointless, not even a footballer when playing for us, but turned out he can play quite well for Belgium and Villa).

Our playing style is a function of the manager in this case - even Lampard managed to make them play the ball on the ground and string some good passes together with most of the same team and they could actually pass. It's a recent phenomenon that we've started hoofing incessantly, coinciding with the arrival of the Worm Eater.

Oh yeah also this is a squad that was improved this year, yet is playing worse, who have also magically forgotten how to pass.

We've started going out against teams at home hoping for a plucky draw and playing for 20-30% possession, and people think it's okay. Same team that got nearly 50 points last season, as people love to remind when it suits their narrative, but conveniently ignore the rest of the time.

Also "inexperienced" :lol:

Thought that was winnable for us during the game, [Poor language removed] subs and then no subs from Dyche, again, when the team were crying out for more legs.

Garner did well out of position, Keane wasn’t as much of a disaster as normal, as was young.

Pickford doing Pickford things to get us the point.

Worst ref in the league doing what he does worst, and let’s not even start with VAR, because it’s quite simply corrupt.

Screenshot_20241006-014606~2.webp
Screenshot_20241006-014624~2.webp
Screenshot_20241006-014637~2.webp

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back