Everton 6-1 SK Brann - 21st Feb 20:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thankfully this game is pretty much sewn up, after the excellent proffesional performance in Brann. Tactically Moyes has come on leaps and bounds and he has started to handle the European games superbly, keeping things tight for as long as possible until we can start to make a breakthrough. How many games have we been behind early on since Metalist? None. And only a very fortuitous goal by Larissa has stopped us completing 5 successive games without conceding in Europe. Defenses are key on the European nights, and at the back we have been superb so far.
I think on Thursday we will not see a vintage performance. I dont think Brann will want to disgrace themselves, and with Moyes trying to bring focus back to the League, which is still as important - if not MORE important - than our European tour, I dont think we will steamroller them. Maybe one or two goals, but I think it will be tighter than the away leg.
I'm going for 1-0 Cahill, a relaxed performance but I still think we have enough to win.

We play much much better football with Stevie P and Mikel in the side, my team would be:

--------------Howard---------------
Neville----Yobo-----Jags-----Lescott
Arteta----Ossie---Carsley---Pienaar
--------------Cahill-----------
--------------Yak----------------

Feel sorry for AJ and Baines but that is our best performing side.

I don't think Pienaar will get the full 90. It would be more like Moyes to either play him for 60 or bring him on a little later in the second half to get the fitness levels back up. Either way, we don't want him too tired for the upcoming City game.

Should be an easy victory and we should wrap up the tie in convincing fashion. Hopefully Moyes will shake it up a bit now we have a full strength team. So i would go with:

Howard

Hibbo (Replacing the god awful Neville)
Jag
Yobo
Lescott

Arteta
Osman
Carsley
Pienaar (Replacing the increasingly dreadful performances of #23)

Cahill
Yak

Should be an easy victory and we should wrap up the tie in convincing fashion. Hopefully Moyes will shake it up a bit now we have a full strength team. So i would go with:

Howard

Jag
Yobo
Lescott

Arteta
Osman
Carsley

Cahill
Yak

Not very realistic though eh?

Good old halewoodblue- its brewing again chap isnt it?!

I don't think Pienaar will get the full 90. It would be more like Moyes to either play him for 60 or bring him on a little later in the second half to get the fitness levels back up. Either way, we don't want him too tired for the upcoming City game.

dm never makes subs at 60 mins, he makes them pretty much very late on...ie 75-80 mins, and if he does that, it makes no sense to bring stevie p off at all..may as well give him match fitness for the city game.

I also dont think we will steamroller them, i think it will be a very tight game indeed, we prolly wont score until late on, my money is on lescott to get the only goal of the game !

and it really is about time neville was replaced...he has been atrocious lately...every pass something like 95% is always given away by him, he did it again against brann last week, if it where not for the wonderfully outstanding performance of the ever increasingly brilliant jags that game could have cost us.

Last edited:

Howard

Jag
Yobo
Lescott

Arteta
Osman
Carsley

Cahill
Yak

Ah yes, the "increasingly dreadful" performances of Manny.

Thank God Halewood has arrived to prounouce (in his very humble opinion of course) who's been playing well and who hasn't.

Hell, up until a few weeks ago, I was confident I knew who had "dreadful performances" in an Everton shirt and who hadn't.

But it's clear that isn't the case. I've been in error as to what I'm watching on TV when it comes to Everton. Meanwhile, I'm gonna have a laugh when Moyes makes Manny's deal permanent. Of course then I'm gonna have to listen to more moaning and hear the word "dreadful" on every occasion he pulls on a blue shirt.

I can hardly wait. :dodgy:

Howard

Jag
Yobo
Lescott

Arteta
Osman
Carsley

Cahill
Yak

What an absolute ludicrous post.

Ah yes, the "increasingly dreadful" performances of Manny.

Thank God Halewood has arrived to prounouce (in his very humble opinion of course) who's been playing well and who hasn't.

Hell, up until a few weeks ago, I was confident I knew who had "dreadful performances" in an Everton shirt and who hadn't.

But it's clear that isn't the case. I've been in error as to what I'm watching on TV when it comes to Everton. Meanwhile, I'm gonna have a laugh when Moyes makes Manny's deal permanent. Of course then I'm gonna have to listen to more moaning and hear the word "dreadful" on every occasion he pulls on a blue shirt.

I can hardly wait. :dodgy:

Your not even confident of your own stats mate.

Your not even confident of your own stats mate.

What the [Poor language removed] to stats have to do with your biases?

Explain please?

If you'd just own up to the fact that you just don't like Manny, we'd all be a heck of a lot better off.

But to keep on with "Manny's been the worst player on the pitch" proclamations really do you no favors.

I'd tell you to stop embarassing yourself but I don't think that would help.

What the [Poor language removed] to stats have to do with your biases?

Explain please?

If you'd just own up to the fact that you just don't like Manny, we'd all be a heck of a lot better off.

But to keep on with "Manny's been the worst player on the pitch" proclamations really do you no favors.

I'd tell you to stop embarassing yourself but I don't think that would help.

Of course there is no bias on your part is there billy!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back