Everton 6-1 SK Brann - 21st Feb 20:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
you have relied on pienaar to make the point.

munny has played in total 9 then 5 games for us.
pienaar has played in total 16 games for us so far.

is the difference of two games really the reason for the vast vast vast difference in quality seen on the field?

Fernandes's and Pienaar's situations are very different. Pienaar came half way through pre-season and was fully fit, had a poor patch and took 7/8 games to settle and then once he had bedded into our style and system started to show some excellent form.

Fernandes on the other hand has twice come to the club unfit. The first time he hadn't had a pre-season due to injury with Portsmouth and when he was playing he had no momentum as he wasn't allowed to play three games in a row. When he first joined he had an excellent impact, improving our football and performing to a good level in every game which was one of the main reasons we got into Europe.

His second time round was different. Again he came unfit due to lack of matches and has found it harder this time round. When you look at it he has only played 5 games so he has alot of time to get the fitness back and show his form of last season.

Pienaar has started 24 games for us this season. 18 games in succession which gives him alot more time to build momentum. Fernandes has started 13 but in two periods. 8 in his first season and 5 this season.

cant have eleven mincers on the pitch, the softer players need the reassurance of an honest clogger.

peter reid.

he'd kick satan for the everton cause that man.

pienaar we got on the cheap because he fell out with the boss at dortmund. sound familiar? player on the peripherals of the squad, picked on by the manager, not getting games, being blamed for attitude and effort.

two edged sword - cuts both ways.

Oh really? I've stated that I know what motivates Manny and what doesn't?

Interesting as I've stated nothing of the sort.

But thank you kindly for pointing out the obvious comparisons between Manny & Pienaar.

Since you've done so, let's take it to the logical next step.

Pienaar arrives at Everton, gets settled in, and starts to produces some fabulous performances. Once could conclude that it's down to several different variables but the deciding factors are probably a change of scenery along with a manager who believes in his talent. Combine that with getting to play in a run of games. Let's also assume that Pienaar now feels like he's an integral part of the squad and a big contributor to our success.

In my opinion, that's how it's played out and now the supporters are clamoring for his loan to be made permanent, as it should be.

So.....

...we haven't arrived to the Manny getting settled in part yet so where does that leave us Suits? You can't deny that Pienaar improved over the course of the season (the odd "lapse of concentration" aside I might add) so why shouldn't be Manny given the same opportunity without the stick that Pienaar didn't come anywhere close to getting from supporters like you (unless I missed the post where you thought Pienaar should have been sent packing back to Dortmund after the penalty box foul against Manchester United....)

I've already stated on numerous occasions that if it doesn't work out with Manny, then I'll be the first to put my hand up and say, "Hey, it didn't work with Manny" and he'll be shipped off back to Valencia after his loan is completed.

We cant lose with Fernandes, he has til the end of the season to show his [Poor language removed] otherwise we dont buy. I wouldnt pick him ahead of Osman though.

With some, you'd think we could.

To quote Jack Ryan in Hunt for Red October, "Give the man a chance."

Problem is Bill that a load of Evertonians are still pissed off with him from what happened in the summer, I am too like.

He's got a monkey on his back before he's even kicked a ball for us this year, if he's anything like a ten million pound player then he will do ace things and everyone will love him again. As I said, I prefer Osman starting to him but he must have something about him as every thread on him gets over ten pages.

You wouldnt see that with Idal Tal/Jesper Blomqvist.

i used wiki, it is probably out of date.

couldnt play three in a row means 2 in every three.

we have players that wont reach 2/3rds without any clause.

he has found it harder because maybe he knows he [Poor language removed] the decision up in the summer, and every time he eyeballs moyes, steps onto goodison, hears the roar, he considers himself a fraud.

he made the wrong decision for MONEY - hence 'munny'.

hes got some doing to make my good books, although i did say on here that i liked his play in the carling cup semi at goodison.

turn it on munny laa, you have the skill AND opportunity, dont waste it, if you do you'll look back and despise yourself, and a token amount of cash for your horrendous experiences wont make you feel better. Sort Your [Poor language removed] Head Out.

Oh really? I've stated that I know what motivates Manny and what doesn't?

Interesting as I've stated nothing of the sort.

But thank you kindly for pointing out the obvious comparisons between Manny & Pienaar.

Since you've done so, let's take it to the logical next step.

Pienaar arrives at Everton, gets settled in, and starts to produces some fabulous performances. Once could conclude that it's down to several different variables but the deciding factors are probably a change of scenery along with a manager who believes in his talent. Combine that with getting to play in a run of games. Let's also assume that Pienaar now feels like he's an integral part of the squad and a big contributor to our success.

In my opinion, that's how it's played out and now the supporters are clamoring for his loan to be made permanent, as it should be.

So.....

...we haven't arrived to the Manny getting settled in part yet so where does that leave us Suits? You can't deny that Pienaar improved over the course of the season (the odd "lapse of concentration" aside I might add) so why shouldn't be Manny given the same opportunity without the stick that Pienaar didn't come anywhere close to getting from supporters like you (unless I missed the post where you thought Pienaar should have been sent packing back to Dortmund after the penalty box foul against Manchester United....)

I've already stated on numerous occasions that if it doesn't work out with Manny, then I'll be the first to put my hand up and say, "Hey, it didn't work with Manny" and he'll be shipped off back to Valencia after his loan is completed.

theres a couple in this that need fronting, but its almost eleven and im losing my perspicacity, im going to struggle to comb through and point out my thoughts.

leave it with me

[suits RSVP]

Problem is Bill that a load of Evertonians are still pissed off with him from what happened in the summer, I am too like.

He's got a monkey on his back before he's even kicked a ball for us this year, if he's anything like a ten million pound player then he will do ace things and everyone will love him again. As I said, I prefer Osman starting to him but he must have something about him as every thread on him gets over ten pages.

You wouldnt see that with Idal Tal/Jesper Blomqvist.

Yeh sorry, half of that's probably mine.

Still better than your hijacks though because we're actually discussing somethiing related to Everton and not dogs, Cuba, melts, or pasties. (y)

And I've said that I understand that people are still ticked about last summer's transfer saga. I just wish they'd admit it instead of making up this "dreadful performance" crap.

It would be so much easier to take.

theres a couple in this that need fronting, but its almost eleven and im losing my perspicacity, im going to struggle to comb through and point out my thoughts.

leave it with me

[suits RSVP]

Sleep on it and reply in the morning.

Then you can front away to your heart's content.

Still better than your hijacks though because we're actually discussing somethiing related to Everton and not dogs, Cuba, melts, or pasties. (y)

And I've said that I understand that people are still ticked about last summer's transfer saga. I just wish they'd admit it instead of making up this "dreadful performance" crap.

hahahahhaahahahahaha

i did

Got me on ignore yet has a cheap dig. Its true what they say about yanks, rude to the end and no nothing about 'soccer'

Thought he showed some nice touches and at times some real promise but thats all. He never controlled a game and since he has been back he has shown little if nothing of that promise

Thats probably because he's lacked any kind of match fitness.

Showed alot of promise, most natural talented player in our squad imo.

Arteta has alot but he's worked really hard over the past few years to be a top class player.

If Fernandes can get match fit and get 90 mins under his belt, i'm sure we will see the best of him.

Because i was really really in love with him last seasonb).

Theres been loads of players playing [Poor language removed] lately, and we've still been winning. Thats not my Everton.

When the dust settles, we're fourth, looking good in the UEFA and playing some nice stuff (pre Chrimbo). Why we all falling out? Its a good time to be a blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back