Everton in crisis? - Daily Mail Article

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we think about it, we've tied jags, baines, arteta etc down on new longterm deals, so looking at arteta, didnt he get a 15k pw to stay? Thats 780k per year more on his wages. Operating costs deffo have gone up and wages.

However, its not like we've had a crap run in league or cups.

Being out of europe has deffo hurt us

If we think about it, we've tied jags, baines, arteta etc down on new longterm deals, so looking at arteta, didnt he get a 15k pw to stay? Thats 780k per year more on his wages. Operating costs deffo have gone up and wages.

European revenue would be nice but we didn't really have the squad to compete on more than one or two fronts, especially with the injuries at the end of the season. If we'd had a Europa League run we would have probably finished about 3 places lower in the league.

Depends what you mean by 'Europe'. If anything, being in the Europa League could have left us with an even more threadbare squad in exchange for pennies. The real money is in the Champions League.

The big benefit of the Europa League is that it increases the attractiveness of the club to potential transfers, but we don't have any money to buy said players anyway so it's all rather irrelevant.

So if they spent more the us and then got relegated in that good or bad management mate of the club overall mate?

*Maybe throwing money at the situation isnt the answer, just saying like.
I mean this season in this order > they got relegated , we finished 7th , they've signed Kevin Nolan and give him a massive contract and other players I think Matt Taylor from Bolton , plus they have just bid 7 million for Shayne long , whilst meanwhile back at the ranch we've done nothing as per , just doesn't add up to me , obviously iam missing something ( regardless weather them players are good enough ) it's that they've spent money trying to improve what baffles me

I'd much rather have Kenwright than Sullivan & Gold mate, wouldn't you?
Debatable for me , but I'd rather have Kenwright than Peter Johnson but I still don't want Kenwright , I'd swap Bill for every other owner in the premier league bar the chicken farmers at Blackburn , that doesn't say much for Bill though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back